Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

winter air

With the coming heatwave next week I have topped up my oil with some water instead of oil to keep it cool.

What is the best winter air to put in my tyres now its getting colder?
Just thinking its time to resurrect this thread as the clocks go back soon.

Just thinking its time to resurrect this thread as the clocks go back soon.

I am more concerned with this mediterranean storm that is pumping heaps of hot warm air into my local area.

I filled up with winter air late last week when temperatures dropped to as low as 11 degrees but this morning, despite the rain, bled air out of all four tyres. With temperatures hitting 18 degrees I am concerned about just what is going on inside the rubber,

Not advised this season due to Covid-19 restrictions. Possible long term effects making tyres run out of energy (limp mode) and or unable to get going first thing.

Not advised this season due to Covid-19 restrictions. Possible long term effects making tyres run out of energy (limp mode) and or unable to get going first thing.

If you really want to change, there are test versions of winter air available with infused with Vitamin D and/or dexamethazone and/or remdesivir. They seem to work, but use at your own risk.

With it being so wet recently do you think a dash of water in each tyre might be useful. If so, just plain tap water or Bottled water, still or fizzy?

Do you very knowledgeable guys expect a disruption to the supply of winter air due to the B**** word ?

Would it be best to buy in Bulk , both summer and winter air to avoid possible duties being imposed if a no deal scenario?

I must admit in a bit confused and worried, as I do like to keep up with my service regime, if I can’t change winter / summer air within the specified times will the manufacturer warranty be void?

In answer to the question regarding water in the wheel would Tizer do a better job, I assumed it was specifically for tyres ?
What do you think about using 7up for a beach ?

Your help would be most appreciated

Ps thinking off getting a tow bar, fridge, awning, topper, bike rack, tyres, any advice ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think about using 7up for a beach ?
I thought that was factory spec for one with a 3 seater bench + 2 middle row chairs? with the Lite version for the 4 seater.

Ps thinking off getting a tow bar, fridge, awning, topper, bike rack, tyres, any advice ?

A quick read through every post of every thread on the Forum should give some useful info.

Hint: The search function is your friend. Set it to "All posts."

I’ll get right to it thanks for the advise

I’ll get right to it thanks for the advise

But please fill with winter air first, else the tyres may not adhere to their load rating with additional accessories such as fridge awning batteries bellows bungee etc.. may add too much weight invalidating your warranty. Safely has to come first.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Actually it's important apply Boyle's Law to determine if the air you are adding is exothermic or endothermic, as detailed in this actual University of Washington chemistry mid-term exam response:

Bear in mind that pressure will change due to altitude and temperature as stated by the barometric formula, thankfully it’s pretty easy to work out using this equation.

6EBAFCB3-96B8-40FC-924E-39B3A9542FF3.jpeg

Bear in mind that pressure will change due to altitude and temperature as stated by the barometric formula, thankfully it’s pretty easy to work out using this equation.

View attachment 68132
Are you sure the formula is correct? I think you are just testing to see if we've spotted the deliberate error.

We just had two tyres replaced ahead of our trip to Cornwall and Kwik Fit have an offer of free winter air if you buy two or Michelin tyres. Even though it is not cold yet I am already seeing an improvement. I am tempted to get some winter air for the wife's car too.

We just had two tyres replaced ahead of our trip to Cornwall and Kwik Fit have an offer of free winter air if you buy two or Michelin tyres. Even though it is not cold yet I am already seeing an improvement. I am tempted to get some winter air for the wife's car too.

Bear in mind it is warmer in Cornwall than Manchester :)

In the event of a no deal it will only be available here in psi. Panic buying may lead to shortages.

In the event of a no deal it will only be available here in psi. Panic buying may lead to shortages.
I know I shouldn't, but we've got 5 cars so I'm bulk buying this weekend, getting a years worth in in one hit. Don't know where to keep it all though.

I know I shouldn't, but we've got 5 cars so I'm bulk buying this weekend, getting a years worth in in one hit. Don't know where to keep it all though.
Where are you getting it from? It can make a big difference to performance. Waitrose or M&S are best as their new line features pure Scottish winter air with a of hint of Scots pine and Autumn Heather. Don't be tempted to go cheap. They often use recycled guff.

Last edited:
Trouble with all these scientific equation thingeys is to most of us it's all hot air and we want cold air!!:shocked
If you use hot air in summer tyres in winter it keeps them above 7c which means no need for winter tyres.
Likewise cold air in winter tyres in summer means no need for summer tyres.