Winter

K

Kev56

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi, as winter is just about upon us, today i drained both water tanks. I've looked through a lot of threads on this subject on this site as well as else where.
I'm a bit lazy, so to cut to the chase my questions are-
Although the tanks are empty, what about the hose's and the pump. Should i isolate the power to the pump? and open the valves and the tap, would this drain the whole system? Is this necessary?
ps. The fresh water drained freely, there was nothing in the grey water tank but i part filled it with fresh water opened the valve and it just trickled out, is this normal?
Thanks.

Hi, as winter is just about upon us, today i drained both water tanks. I've looked through a lot of threads on this subject on this site as well as else where.
Although the tanks are empty, what about the hose's and the pump. Should i isolate the power to the pump? and open the valves and the tap, would this drain the whole system? Is this necessary?
ps. The fresh water drained freely, there was nothing in the grey water tank but i part filled it with fresh water opened the valve and it just trickled out, is this normal?
Thanks.
Have you read the Handbook?

You've done all that is needed. leave the two relief taps (water out and grey out) half open. Rest you're good.

Thanks.
Seen on a thread before, search on here, you should find something about disconnecting the switch under the sink. You can then open the tap without it turning the pump on.

Don't know if it's necessary though.

We keep our clean water full with cupboard doors open.
If a really cold snap is forecast sometimes I remember to turn on the heater overnight. Quite honestly, I think the water system will be fine down to about minus 6 C provided it’s above zero for some of the day. The perfect solution would probably be putting it on EHU and getting a small oil filled type radiator to kick in about freezing, or perhaps a small electric thermostatic greenhouse heater. Again, all the internal cupboard doors open.
…Just my view, but ours is almost 8 and I didn’t even think about any of this, with no ill effects, until I read about over wintering on here a couple of years ago, when the cold snap was imminent.
- Post again if you want to keep the dialogue flowing on this one

Back