Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wiring Diagrams - Phone Kit

t4_generation

t4_generation

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi :cool:
Code:
My Westie has a phone kit which I would like to remove, but the Microphone installed above the a-pillar might be useful to divert to my Bluetooth stereo which can do hands free... anyone have any details or know where to find any wiring info?

I had a rummage around with my hand behind the stereo but couldn't find any loose wiring? Surely there was a loom between stereo and phone kit for using the car speakers?

Blimey !! That all sounds a bit 21C for us T4 types.

It doesn't sound too Westy specific. Have you tried your local In car entertainment chappy?

S.

:lol: I just wondered if it was the official kit listed in the brochures. Looks like an early 00s Nokia connector.

t4_generation said:
:lol: I just wondered if it was the official kit listed in the brochures. Looks like an early 00s Nokia connector.

If it's a Nokia kit it will have a box that everything plus into under the dash somewhere. This will the have speaker out that goes to the stereo speakers & a 'telemute' wire that mutes the stereo. Probably in the form of a plugin loom extension.
Try following the wires under the dash & see if you can locate the box.
What bluetooth stereo do you have ?? Make & model, then it may be possible to get wiring details.

Nice one cheers. I'll have a look tomorrow. My stereo is a new JVC BT job supplied with mic w/3.5mm jack. Just thought it might save me popping off interior trims and breaking things to run that in if I could use the preinstalled one!

Back