Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Working out of your van

I occasionally work from the cali and really love it. I use i small huawei mifi G4 modem from 3. So my iPhone is free for calls and dont loose connection. I simply charge the Macbook with the supplied charger from the 220 outlet behind the frontseat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anybody here remotely connect to their employer's network while working away from the office? Just wondering how much 4G data that uses. I have to be more or less continuously connected when I'm working from home. I use Citrix client to make the connection.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I always connect via 3G/4G, via a VPN, then Citrix.... Doesn't use a lot of Data, normally between 200-500MB per day/shift.

Last edited:
I’ve done a lot of conference calls, emailing & proposal writing on the table in the rear of both my vans.

If I could only disguise the ‘foreign dial tone’ that callers hear then I’d spend a lot more time in France ‘working from home’ :D

Been there!! :D

Just leave an old phone in the UK, and set it to divert to your actual one.... Means the ringtone stays localised.... Setting-up a Skype number is an alternative solution.

Back