Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Worktop protection

Worktop Protector Update 16 Aug 2022

T6.1 protection is proving popular! Due to additional requests we will be receiving the latest small batch of T6.1 kits on the weekend,

The majority are to send to those who have pre-ordered with just a few spare that have not been reserved.

If anyone would like to protect their new T6.1, do let us know and we will pop a kit in the post for you.

Kits are now £33 via bank transfer or £34.95 via Paypal

Thanks,

Andrew & Polly.

Worktop Protector Update 10 September 2022

All T6.1 kit pre orders from the latest batch have now been despatched.

We have 3 kits left, if anyone would like to protect their new T6.1, do let us know and we will pop a kit in the post for you.

Thanks,

Andrew & Polly.

Worktop Protector Update 10 September 2022

We have 3 kits left, if anyone would like to protect their new T6.1, do let us know and we will pop a kit in the post for you.

Thanks,

Andrew & Polly.
I’d like one, please!

Worktop Protector Update 11 September 2022

T6.1 Tripke Kits

T6 Triple Kits

We have also received a few requests for the slightly older T6 Ocean triple kit, so another batch if these will be produced soon. If anyone wants one of these, do let us know. Same prices as above.

Thanks,

Andrew & Polly

October 2022 Worktop Protector Update

A new batch of worktop protectors for the T6 triple and latest T6.1 has arrived.

Once again, preorders will be posted later this week, leaving a few for anyone else who would like to protect their glass surfaces.

21CCB117-ACF1-47BB-9586-C4BF891EDE40.jpeg

Kind regards.

Andrew & Polly

October 2022 Worktop Protector Update

A new batch of worktop protectors for the T6 triple and latest T6.1 has arrived.

Once again, preorders will be posted later this week, leaving a few for anyone else who would like to protect their glass surfaces.

View attachment 100678

Kind regards.

Andrew & Polly
Hi. Do you have any T6 doubles available? Thanks

Can someone kindly confirm if “soapy water” for fixing these worktop protectors means detergent and water or pure traditional soap (Castile or similar) and water? And whether it is just a tiny bit of quite a lot by proportion?

Can someone kindly confirm if “soapy water” for fixing these worktop protectors means detergent and water or pure traditional soap (Castile or similar) and water? And whether it is just a tiny bit of quite a lot by proportion?
I’ve always used a tiny drop of detergent i.e. Fairy Liquid.

Just a drop of washing up Fairy Liquid or similar in a spay bottle with water does the job perfectly

Thank you, both. The term “soapy water” meant something different to me - perhaps it is my age - so I am glad to have cleared that up.

I’ve always used a tiny drop of detergent i.e. Fairy Liquid.
Did you fit these ones GG?
I bought some and daftly asked the company ppf'ing the exterior to fit them. They said the tried fitting one but they were *expletive* and I binned the rest. I have scratched the sink top already and wonder if I should re-order and fit myself.

Did you fit these ones GG?
I bought some and daftly asked the company ppf'ing the exterior to fit them. They said the tried fitting one but they were *expletive* and I binned the rest. I have scratched the sink top already and wonder if I should re-order and fit myself.
No I made my own from a sheet bought from Purlfrost. Easy to fit and trim with a Stanley blade. Mine have been in place for 2 years and still as new. Much cheaper option.

1D02D083-4BA3-4CD1-97DE-67B329BC9E00.png

A couple of drops of baby shampoo in your spray bottle. If it slides about all over the place, water it down a bit more. If it sticks, add another drop until you get the right amount of maneuverability.

Are these still available and who do we order from.
We have a 2019 Ocean 150 DSG ( triple kitchen tops )
Decided to consider these as have read a few posts on ‘shattered glass’ and as we have a boisterous big Labrador ( who however hasn’t damaged anything in the van throughout our 4 years of ownership … yet ) thought it might be a useful addition to our worktops.

Are these still available and who do we order from.
We have a 2019 Ocean 150 DSG ( triple kitchen tops )
Decided to consider these as have read a few posts on ‘shattered glass’ and as we have a boisterous big Labrador ( who however hasn’t damaged anything in the van throughout our 4 years of ownership … yet ) thought it might be a useful addition to our worktops.
see post #431

June 2023 Worktop Protector Update

A new batch of worktop protectors for all variants have finally arrived

T5, T5.1 &T6 double,
T6 triple
T6.1 triple

All pre-orders will be posted later this week, leaving a few of each variant for anyone else who would like to protect their glass surfaces.

£35.95 via Paypal
£34.50 via bank transfer

Please send us a private message or email to ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk with your Cali model and full address if you would like a kit reserved.

Thanks,

Andrew & Polly.

July 2023 Worktop Protector Update

Summer demand has resulted in yet another batch of protectors kindly being manufactured by our supplier at the same price. A number of pre-orders have been made, all of which have been packaged this morning and will be sent out right away.

We still have a handful of the following variants if anyone else who would like to protect their glass surfaces. Our supplier is taking a long break over the summer, so once this batch has sold they probably wont be back in stock again until late September 2023

T5, T5.1 &T6 double in stock
T6 triple last few kits in stock
T6.1 triple last few kits in stock

£35.95 via Paypal to: ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk
£34.50 via bank transfer PM or email us for details

Please send us a private message or email to ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk with your Cali model and full address if you would like a kit reserved.

Thanks,

Andrew & Polly.

Last edited:
We have just fitted a set of these. They are superb! Highly recommended.

Yes please, If you still have a set of frosted for 6.1 Ill have one too...Please reserve, Ill send you a PM

VW CALIFORNIA

WORKTOP PROTECTORS

INSTRUCTIONS

Note: It is recommended that the roof is opened when fitting the protectors, so that you can stand and knell down. Start with the fridge protector as this one is easier to handle for the first time.

• Mix a soapy solution (a few spots of washing up liquid with approximately 200ml of water) in an old spray bottle and shake well.
  • Roll the protectors in the opposite direction to how they were sent to get them as flat as possible. You could even leave them under some heavy books for the night. This will aid fitting and stop them from curling when removing the paper backings.
  • Clean glass thoroughly paying particular attention to the edges and remove any gritty deposits as these will show through the protector once applied.
  • Spray glass with soapy solution ensuring it is covered
  • Remove paper backing from protector and spray with more soapy solution
  • Use the pre-cut hole as a guide (twin kit only) when applying the protector to the glass worktop
  • The cover will slide around on the glass due to the two layers of soapy solution until you are happy with its position. Note: The protectors have been intentionally cut slightly narrower than the glass tops to avoid peeling. We have also found minor differences in the actual glass size.
  • Use the supplied squeegee to remove the soapy solution to the edges of the protector, looking for air bubbles and trapped solution as you go
  • Once you are happy that all the solution and air has been removed, dry the surface and the edges with a cloth, and leave to adhere for a few hours. If it’s cold you could switch on your night heater to warm up the Cali, which will speed up the drying process.
  • Repeat above processes for the larger sink and cooker worktop protector (T5 or T6 double) or the other two for your T6 or T6.1 triple kits. Spray the sticky side in stages as you slowly peel the backing off to avoid it sticking together if it does curl.
Check the Youtube.com video for further fitting guidance

or please feel free to ask me any questions:

ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE.

WE HOPE YOU FIND THEM TO BE A USEFUL ADDITION AS WE HAVE. YOUR FEEDBACK ON THE FORUM WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Back