Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

wrong upholstery colour

D

deanwilliams

Vehicle
T5 Beach
hi everyone in august i placed an order for a new california beach ticking all the options
i ordered the dark interior and they said it had arrived so i went to view it today but when i goy to see it the interior was the lighter coloured interior not what i ordered
the salesman who i placed the order with has now left but i do have the order i placed on a email
the van is reflex silver so i thought the darker interior would look best the light interior is ok but noy what i ordered what are your thoughts and where do i stand
would i have to place a new order
thanks in advance and your comments and thoughts would be much appreciated

That sucks mate. Even if it's only a little thing it's still annoying if you wait ages and it's not what you want.
Difficult to decide as all depends how desperate you are for the darker interior.
Personally I'd probably take it, bargain for a big discount then get darker seat covers, but I'm not patient enough to wait for a replacement order.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That sucks mate. Even if it's only a little thing it's still annoying if you wait ages and it's not what you want.
Difficult to decide as all depends how desperate you are for the darker interior.
Personally I'd probably take it, bargain for a big discount then get darker seat covers, but I'm not patient enough to wait for a replacement order.

yes my thoughts exactly if i could get a good discount that might be ok or it means waiting another 3 to 4 months

Be prepared to escalate to VW UK. Try to exert some pressure on this van centre, so that you strike a very good 'compromise' deal.

I would make the dealer go through each option 1 by 1 on the order list. They then need to explain the difference!! I personally would order a new one and wait for the right spec- it would always irritate me! Good luck sorting it out!

I would go down the same route as @Digger suggests.

Get them to get Brandrup seat covers in your choice. When you sell on buyer will then have a choice.

If you decide to take the lighter interior and you think the darker seat covers would fit the bill, stick to your guns and insist on the most expensive ones you can order!!!! The dealership hired an idiot and an idiot's mess they must clean up!

What they said - bargain for good seat covers in the colour of your choice! And stick to your guns, they've failed to fulfil the contract and they need to sort it.

I guess you ordered a Cali Beach with 3-seater bench.

(As you might know, the 2-seater bench model is only available with light grey interior).

The skill is in negotiating and being firm but polite. The error may be nothing to do with the dealer but you get nowhere if you attack. I have great service from my dealer and they cannot do enough. As already advised I think a re trim in leather is best (I was even given the original covers to store and pass on to next owner if they wanted to recover but after having the leather no way - Merc MP has leather as standard I believe)

We had the same problem.

We told the dealer that it was unacceptable and was in breach of the contract since they had promised something different.

They were unable to offer a satisfactory solution - so I had all money and deposit refunded and I went to another dealer which fulfilled my requirements perfectly, rapidly and courteously.

We had the same problem.

We told the dealer that it was unacceptable and was in breach of the contract since they had promised something different.

They were unable to offer a satisfactory solution - so I had all money and deposit refunded and I went to another dealer which fulfilled my requirements perfectly, rapidly and courteously.

Rapidly ? Surely you had to start your order from scratch again ?

Rapidly ? Surely you had to start your order from scratch again ?

The previous deal fell through 2 days before a campervan holiday with ferries booked insurance sorted and all. To say we were ***** off is an understatement.

We found a dealer with a model in the showroom which met our spec. We drove it away on our planned holiday 2 days later! Very impressed with VW Liverpool.

Back