WW3 comes to Belgium

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
:shocked:shocked

I am in a small Aire a few km's from Ypres. Two bays ,each marked into 4 (VERY small 4) with a 4 way electric bollard in each.

I arrived last night to be told that the electricity has failed to bollard one, only bollard 2 is functional.

Well, it's a Cali :D There was someone in the other bay so might as well have one bay all to myself and live off the batteries.

Went for a walk this afternoon. Came back to find three HUGE great whites had arrived.Of course they all need electricity, the televisions, satellite dishes, microwaves and freezers won't work without them :D

Imagine, a teeny Cali , all by itself, whilst three great whites are jostling for a space in the other bay that's barely big enough for one of them ....

One has now as I type given up and parked next to me ..... and it looks like the other one has given up as well.... pics to follow, this is hilarious. Just enjoying a bowl of chicken soup before my lovely ham sandwiches, tea and a mars bar .... with no electric the poor loves next to me are going to starve :D

Welcome in Belgium @GrannyJen !
Witch aire/town are you ?

Welcome in Belgium @GrannyJen !
Witch aire/town are you ?

I am in Langemark at present Wim. A town with such a tragic past, but lovely now, the very name brings forward images of some of the worst scenes of the Great war. I visited the the German Cemetery today, "studentfriedhof", and the wasteful tragedy of that awful conflict was overwhelming.

I am leaving very early tomorrow to be in Ieper for the great peace run tomorrow afternoon.I will be wearing both union Jack and Belgian wristbands, I am always very taken by the way the people of Western Flanders make British visitors so welcome.

Pics....

"No electric" said the man ..... "no problem for Alfie" said I, having a 4-bay zone all to myself...alfie-langemarke.jpg

s
Then my "neighbours" arrived, when I first came back I thought one had parked on Alfie!

alfie-langemarke3.jpg

I had to look around the corner.... there was Alfie ....alfie-langemarke2.jpg

Then they found out "no electric"..... Well, my knowledge of Flemish is not great but a few words spoken are international! I did feel terribly smug in my little, totally self-sufficient palace.....

Good neighbours it seems ...sweeping the floor :D

If you where a nice camper you with your "litlle campervan " moved to a smaller spot to let a big white use that space.....NOT!

Maybe the C&CC site wardens are not so bad? I don't think they would allow the spacing in your last photo. Big whites sure are ugly compared to sleek Alfie.

Very nice my neighbours, have a lovely little dog with them, but ever so upset at no electric.

I arrived last night having been to another Aire that had no room despite only having 6 vehicles taking up 8 bays so I was not entirely sympathetic. I was very relieved to have found a space last night where I am and very happy that "no electric"appeared to turn a lot away

Mi
Very nice my neighbours, have a lovely little dog with them, but ever so upset at no electric.

I arrived last night having been to another Aire that had no room despite only having 6 vehicles taking up 8 bays so I was not entirely sympathetic. I was very relieved to have found a space last night where I am and very happy that "no electric"appeared to turn a lot away[/QUOT
Mixing it with the big campers are you. lol.

I like ypres or leper, its always a bit confusing what its called.
we´ve a family name on the wall and found it a few years ago, nice town
nice people,nice food and strong beer. What more can you ask.

I like ypres or leper, its always a bit confusing what its called.
we´ve a family name on the wall and found it a few years ago, nice town
nice people,nice food and strong beer. What more can you ask.

Decent weather, which is promised today, although a little warm for running

Why is he mopping the floor?

He's not.

He's cleaning the front of his MH because it was covered in fly squash ..... hoping possibly that will bring back the electricity :D

Part of the deal when using the free aires , need to clean it when leaving ...:D
Look at the other first pic. you will see he's cleaning the front window.

Have a good run @GrannyJen , it's not all about winning but about taking part , alltough showing a medal later today would be great :thumb , have fun !

Part of the deal when using the free aires , need to clean it when leaving ...:D

Have a good run @GrannyJen , it's not all about winning but about taking part , alltough showing a medal later today would be great :thumb , have fun !
@hotel california

Thank you Wim x

I am having to take it very easy. I start hospital treatment on my leg and foot in two weeks time and should really not be running but this is very emotional for me. A nice easy jog round, just getting to the end is all I want :)

@hotel california

Thank you Wim x

I am having to take it very easy. I start hospital treatment on my leg and foot in two weeks time and should really not be running but this is very emotional for me. A nice easy jog round, just getting to the end is all I want :)

Good luck Jen

All the best (look after your leg and foot).

All the best (look after your leg and foot).

Thank you x

Foot is a bigger problem at the moment, just hoping that my heel does not blow up on me.... well if it does then preferably before a km from the start or finish :D There's free beer at the end, the thought of that should get me round :D

Have a good day Jen, love Ypres. :thumb

Have a good day Jen, love Ypres. :thumb

It's lovely today Carl. A bit warm for running, forecast is 27c by the time I start, but parked in a brilliant position less than 100m from start line so just doing some shopping, having a cup of tea, keeping in the shade, will stroll along about ten minutes before the gun:D

The sun has always shone whenever we stay there, are we just lucky or does Flanders have it's own microclimate?
I can recommend a restorative beer and croque at bar St.Arnoldus afterwards.

The sun has always shone whenever we stay there, are we just lucky or does Flanders have it's own microclimate?
Yes, thats a smart bar.
Too much choice though :headbang

You are just lucky. The climate is normally miserable, even compared to your part of the world :D

Thank you x

Foot is a bigger problem at the moment, just hoping that my heel does not blow up on me.... well if it does then preferably before a km from the start or finish :D There's free beer at the end, the thought of that should get me round :D
The free beer would help me too! Run safe.

The Bling....

oh and it was hot. I was moving quite well up to Kilometre 4 then the heat hit me and I struggled then on.

The brilliant news though was my heel did not stop me.

SHIRT....jpg

Back