Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

You gotta laugh

I just cannot believe this conversation.

Showed it to some Australian friends who thought it was hilarious, but did think that some posters, one in particular needed to get a life.

I have no idea if the signs were put up by the management or some third party as a kind of graffiti. If put up by the management I would certainly hope it is not intended to poke fun at anyone.

How much of an issue is loo squatting in this country? The only reason I can think for doing it is if the toilet is in such a state (e.g. vomit) that someone cannot bring themselves to sit but needs to defecate nonetheless. If that is the case, telling people not to loo squat is futile, they need to deal with the issue before people feel compelled to loo squat.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Tom you have sucked all the fun out of this thread - but here goes - when Alex Cummings invented the WC (it wasnt Tommy Crapper unfortuntately) he had a clear idea in mind - sit on the pan and drop the kids off at the pool. Roll on 250 years and with a more diverse / mobile population, there are certain ethnic groups that have a cultural and religious preference for squatting on the pan - regardless of vomit or other mess. They avoid standing or sitting and have a few other sanitary customs that might have surprised Mr Cummings. So what the sign is saying is - even if you have a preference for squatting on the pan, please dont do it because it is antisocial.

Tom you have sucked all the fun out of this thread - but here goes - when Alex Cummings invented the WC (it wasnt Tommy Crapper unfortuntately) he had a clear idea in mind - sit on the pan and drop the kids off at the pool. Roll on 250 years and with a more diverse / mobile population, there are certain ethnic groups that have a cultural and religious preference for squatting on the pan - regardless of vomit or other mess. They avoid standing or sitting and have a few other sanitary customs that might have surprised Mr Cummings. So what the sign is saying is - even if you have a preference for squatting on the pan, please dont do it because it is antisocial.
I have not been to many rugby matches, and the last one I attended was two decades ago at Twickenham, so things may have changed. But I am still struggling to envisage how many people with a cultural or religious preference for squatting on a 'throne' are likely to be attending a rugby match in northern England.

However, for the sake of ending this debate, I'll accept that it might just be a sufficient problem to warrant the sort of notice more commonly found in Western fast food restaurants in some developing counties.

I have not been to many rugby matches, and the last one I attended was two decades ago at Twickenham, so things may have changed. But I am still struggling to envisage how many people with a cultural or religious preference for squatting on a 'throne' are likely to be attending a rugby match in northern England.

However, for the sake of ending this debate, I'll accept that it might just be a sufficient problem to warrant the sort of notice more commonly found in Western fast food restaurants in some developing counties.

The phrase “digging a hole” springs to mind when reading the phrase “Northern England”. The size, nature and enthusiasm of the mult-ethnic crowd at a Headingley test match is legendary. Possibly the most prejudicial comment in the whole thread. Shakes my head sadly, puts on flat cap and takes t’whippet for walk to t’pigeon loft.

The phrase “digging a hole” springs to mind when reading the phrase “Northern England”. The size, nature and enthusiasm of the mult-ethnic crowd at a Headingley test match is legendary. Possibly the most prejudicial comment in the whole thread. Shakes my head sadly, puts on flat cap and takes t’whippet for walk to t’pigeon loft.

Ahhh... the penny finally drops. Headingly is used for both rugby *and* cricket. I'll now go and hide in that rather large hole I have dug and wait for someone to fill it in.

Back