Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Your first time! What did you do?

Hi Mark,
The only option we didn’t get, but regret now is the LED lights. They seemed ridiculously expensive at the time, but the ones that came as standard are pretty hopeless, especially in dark unlit lanes in Scotland. I’ve put a few photos up in the ‘view from your van’ thread. All our other photos are posted on a blog for family and friends. It’s a personal blog, rather than anything California related, hence why I haven’t posted it here. Hope you don’t have to wait too long for your Cali - it will be life-changing when it arrives!

Picked it up from the dealership and had a 700 mile road trip home from Bavaria to London, then I just looked at it every day for 20 days whilst I waited for my reg papers to come through.
The best bit was surprising my 4 year old son with it - I took him down to the car park, stood him in front of it, took the blindfold off him and watched him not actually notice it at all for a minute, then he asked, ”Why didn’t you get a red one?”.... joy.

Picked it up from the dealership and had a 700 mile road trip home from Bavaria to London, then I just looked at it every day for 20 days whilst I waited for my reg papers to come through.
The best bit was surprising my 4 year old son with it - I took him down to the car park, stood him in front of it, took the blindfold off him and watched him not actually notice it at all for a minute, then he asked, ”Why didn’t you get a red one?”.... joy.
Hahahah, amazing!!! Will most do that with my kids, sounds a good idea! They still enjoying it?

Hahahah, amazing!!! Will most do that with my kids, sounds a good idea! They still enjoying it?

Yeah they love it, thanks! Especially my one year old daughter - she likes getting in it (with a biscuit), then out of it (without the biscuit), then back in again (with another biscuit, to look for first biscuit), then out again (no biscuits) , then in again (treads on biscuits) ... you get the picture.

Camping trips just fly by. 3 weeks of it in August. Reminds me- Must get more biscuits.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah they love it, thanks! Especially my one year old daughter - she likes getting in it (with a biscuit), then out of it (without the biscuit), then back in again (with another biscuit, to look for first biscuit), then out again (no biscuits) , then in again (treads on biscuits) ... you get the picture.

Camping trips just fly by. 3 weeks of it in August. Reminds me- Must get more biscuits.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hahah, Sounds like me in my work van ;-) got to have biccies!!!

Do it now! Lifes too short and unpredictable!! :)
Ha, I am trying to reduce my hours for some flexibility - wifey and I own and run a small nursery so we are quite tied to it.
Current aim: semi-retirement 55-60, full retirement 60-65. (For context, current age 40)

Ha, I am trying to reduce my hours for some flexibility - wifey and I own and run a small nursery so we are quite tied to it.
Current aim: semi-retirement 55-60, full retirement 60-65. (For context, current age 40)
I share your commitment problems, me and my wife also run small business so although in my head i will be to travelling everywhere, if i actually want any money to pay for the cali and travel, the reality is i will need to work ;-) but will be using the Cali for business purposes and work journeys so be a nice way to travel to jobs, appreciate i cannot put the cali though the books (ooh my excitement when i found it was in the commercial section and possibly claiming the vat off would have been a great bonus) but HMRC are having none of that!!! They don't even allow a kombi though the books as they are classed as cars!!! Which is a great shame! Sorry im ranting now!!! https://www.sunnyaccs.co.uk/blog/archive/article/2017/December/coca-cola-vs-hmrc

ps - sunny accountaics is not my business lol, if only, its where i found the link for the reference to Coca Cola v HMRC in regards to the Kiombi and Vivaro car/ van rules - Yes, go figure, there the same surely :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

Back