Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

£37k Beaches

• Thread starter Benny Saltstein
  • Start date
VW Birmingham. Good, straight and simple to deal with.
They din't even want to look around my old one, but I insisted.
Terrible dealer in my experience. See my threads on the mattress topper, they lied through their teeth to me.

Hi all,

I’ve been reading this forum for many years as a Beach has always been on my mind. This is my first post as I’m now at the point of taking the plunge into ownership and am wondering what the general consensus is on the various DSG Beaches currently on sale at around £37-38k at Motorpoint and also in the VW DasWelt scheme.

I appreciate their spec is fairly modest with only the basic aircon, some have no parking sensors, no MFSW. I’ve seen a few in the VW network and the condition is close to new, sub 10k miles, 6-12 months old. Some include the cooler or two additional seats which is an attractive option as we’d be replacing a seven seater whose capacity is fully utilised on a regular basis. We do a reasonable amount of camping each year, a dog, bikes etc so feel it suits our life style.

My initial discussions with dealers suggest that £37k was as low as they’ll go. There was a white 7 seater on Motorpoint at £36k which went almost as soon as it was listed. I’ve more or less convinced myself and the family are definitely keen but was looking for some reassurance.

Thank you all
In August 2019 we paid £39,995 for an ex VW 3 seat bench Beach, spec being; metallic paint, electric folding mirrors, privacy glass, tow pack (never used and still not), Sat nav, cruise control, opening side windows on rear, climate, DSG, £1200 options voucher. From VW Birmingham. It had done 4k miles. No idea what it is worth today but over my anticipated period of ownership I can't think I will lose much on this over 4 or 5 years.

My 65-plate DSG Beach was £42K 4-years ago, pre-registered with 45-miles & that was an excellent price at the time.

Encouraging to see these available cheaper still now, JFDI.

Back