Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 day clean….

The bungee has now been removed. If it’s not fitted in the factory then it can’t be needed in my opinion
You can always put it on again lol

Just take the usual precautions when closing the roof, think you’ll be fine.

Yep I won’t throw it away , it’ll be stored in the Cali somewhere just in case I want to re fit it.

Y

Yes, just slacken a little bit so that doesn’t bunch the fabric as much.

If you are careful then there are not required, ie - open sliding door to let the air escape & lower slowly, have a quick check for any fabric poking out (just stand on top rear wheel and push it fabric back in if required) but often roofs get closed by partners in a hurry, in which case bungee can be a good idea!
It is good to have a bungee when needing to close in very high winds.

top work fella - I'm planning similar this weekend if it stays nice out there

feels like a new van when it's done properly! you've probably shamed a few of us into doing it now ...

Cracking job and lovely van.

Do you really need that roof bungee?
I bought one not realising my '22 plate had the new canvas that auto folds inwards because of the additional ribs. Originally had it too tight, then relaxed it off. While on a trip, rem9ved it completely only to find that when closing the roof, the canvas doesn't fold as well inside at the front, ready for closing the slider. With it on, it seems to fold better making it much easier to slide shut.

Ah ok, so just tight enough that it doesn’t crease it he fabric. Are these needed at all or are they a good idea so that the fabric doesn’t caught in the lifting mechanism?
Just take it off and look at it closing without added assistance...prob be ok if you are keeping eye on it as it closes. If it was required VW would add one on the production line :)

Did you check your roof drains are nice and clear? An essential part of an annual clean as blocked drains can lead to wet headlinings and carpets
Just done this tonight and the passenger side was blocked but all sorted now and both gurgling like they should

I bought one not realising my '22 plate had the new canvas that auto folds inwards because of the additional ribs. Originally had it too tight, then relaxed it off. While on a trip, rem9ved it completely only to find that when closing the roof, the canvas doesn't fold as well inside at the front, ready for closing the slider. With it on, it seems to fold better making it much easier to slide shut.
I agree with the canvas folding in at the front. Much more of a faff pushing the fabric in above your head while trying to close the slider. The fabric seems to droop down more then you have to push it all back up with 1 hand while trying to close the slider with the other That a plus point for using the bungee. I’m still not re fitting it though…….

It is good to have a bungee when needing to close in very high winds.
Autumn is the Panada mattress topper still for sale - won't let me respond in the other forum!

Back