Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 Dogs

J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi

Our new Ocean arrives soon any comments or advice would be useful we have 2 labradors, does anyone have similar and if so where do you keep them for travelling and when set up where do they sleep when using both the roof bed and the living area bed...any opinion would be useful. We have ideas but as we don’t have the van yet we can’t try !!

Here’s my guys with two crates on the parcel shelf. I had one on the floor on living area too. As dogs got older it also became one on bench seat... unsustainable so now sold the Cali for a Kombi.
But two 30” crates fit side by side on the parcel shelf with the bench seat pushed forward a few inches.
1598558353274.jpeg

2 Labs would I feel be tricky to get up on the parcel shelf, options are I think lift shelf to its highest point and dogs go on beds on floor for travel. Loving stuff goes in living area. When on site seats go back dogs move to living area. Other option living stuff goes in boot. Dogs travel in living area on beds with harness clipped back to seat belts ... any comments or suggestions ??

maybe getting a ramp to allow Labs to parcel shelf ? Then store ramp in the boot underneath

2 Labs would I feel be tricky to get up on the parcel shelf, options are I think lift shelf to its highest point and dogs go on beds on floor for travel. Loving stuff goes in living area. When on site seats go back dogs move to living area. Other option living stuff goes in boot. Dogs travel in living area on beds with harness clipped back to seat belts ... any comments or suggestions ??
Agree, It was only my younger two agility pups who hopped up there. And Tollers are almost half the weight of Labs.
You will lose a lot of storage space if you lift the parcel shelf out and put them there.
If you search in this folder I think there are a few threads and pics of what others have done with larger dogs.
Happy camping

Hi

Our new Ocean arrives soon any comments or advice would be useful we have 2 labradors, does anyone have similar and if so where do you keep them for travelling and when set up where do they sleep when using both the roof bed and the living area bed...any opinion would be useful. We have ideas but as we don’t have the van yet we can’t try !!
We have 2 Beagles, they travel on the bench seat in harnesses clipped in to the seat belt attachment and the D rings. They also sleep on the seat or downstairs bed as we are only 2 in our Beach.

Just our personal opinion and in no way critical of the choices of others, but we have never allowed any of our dogs to travel in the boot area of any vehicle as we worry about rear end shunts. Additionally, particularly on longer journeys we like to be able to see them and monitor that they are okay.

Just our personal opinion and in no way critical of the choices of others, but we have never allowed any of our dogs to travel in the boot area of any vehicle as we worry about rear end shunts. Additionally, particularly on longer journeys we like to be able to see them and monitor that they are okay.
One of the reasons I am moving to a kombi as I now have 4 dogs and want inbuilt crates with escape doors internally. Not possible in the Cali, sadly.