Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 tone Candy White / Bay leaf Green DVLA registration document question V5

Campervanpup21

Campervanpup21

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi, anyone out there with a candy white / bay leaf green T6.1 that can help with a DVLA registration document V5 question please?

Does your V5 give the colour as Green or as the two tone Candy White & Green?

Thanks for your help. Great forum and all the knowledge of the members & kindness.

What is the base colour IE inside the doors and under the bonnet, that is the colour that should be on the v5, although dealerships can get it wrong

Can’t remember offhand but mine is only one colour on the V5 (it’s white and green too).

As a side note I think the paint is not up to previous VW quality……. Chips easily :(

Edit: just checked the V5 and its green (although the base colour is white!)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your replies, I was concerned as it only stated green but it seems normal to be one and either white or green :)
It’s white under the bonnet but green inside the doors! Looks like VW mix n match

Ours is the same - green inside doors etc., and Green on the V5. Out of interest, some 2 tone vans start as white, with a colour overspray. I saw exactly this on a site about 2 years ago with another green/white van. We compared where the differences were when the vans were practically side by side. I guess the V5 info comes from the manufacturers VIN coding, so if it starts its life as a white panel van, it will be recorded as being white, etc.

Mines Starlightt blue and white but is blue on the log book and white under the bonnet so I’m assuming white base van, and yes the blue paint does chip very easily……

Ours is green on the V5, as mentioned, that is our base colour. Some have white as the base colour hence why they can also be white.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I was concerned as it only stated green but it seems normal to be one and either white or green :)
It’s white under the bonnet but green inside the doors! Looks like VW mix n match
As far as I'm aware all 2 tones start as a single colour then the top or bottom is sprayed the 2nd colour onto of the single colour.

Our base van is Ascot Grey - the log book says Grey. The bonnet is white though, inside and out.
Curiously whilst the front doors are both ascot grey inside and the upper has been painted white over, when the dealer managed to chip the lower grey portion of the door it was white underneath but guess that was the primer coat even though it looked candy white.

Mine was a white base vehicle, V5 was recorded as green

Back