Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2013 English Manual

laurentfox

laurentfox

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Greetings all,
I just returned to France from Germany where I sold my 2005 VW California and purchased a 2013 VW California. Now I have a newer vehicle but the manuals are in German. I checked the download section but did not see one available. I emailed SMG about purchasing one a few days ago but no response. Does anyone know where I might find either a hard copy or electronic copy in english? Eager to figure out the upgrades that 8 years newer vehicle brings....

Thanks Laurent

It's 99% (probably 99.9%) completely unchanged! Roof, gas, electrics, blinds, seat, bed, water, gas, hook up, cupboards, seat swivels... ;)

There is a 2014 user manual in the download section. Should be pretty much what you need.

It's 99% (probably 99.9%) completely unchanged! Roof, gas, electrics, blinds, seat, bed, water, gas, hook up, cupboards, seat swivels... ;)

Thanks Max,
It was mainly for the things that changed such as

1. Going from manual to automatic, haven't used a semi automatic before and not familiar with the +/- shifting or the S gear.

2. The RNS 510 navigation system- Having problems getting it to recognize my bluetooth for audio. It has connected my phone but not the audio system.

3. Type of oil recommended for this motor (i used to use 5W/30

4. The new climatic system has a few changes from my old one. When I turn on the AC, the back system automatically starts up (even if I haven't pressed the rear button on the front panel). Don't know how to stop this.

Any inputs on these items would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Thanks Hotel California,
I did see that but didn't know if it was the same for 2013. Also was looking for more than the interior for items such as the transmission, lighting system, Air Con system. Also would like to have an english version (just in case I have a flat and need to be reminded).

There is a 2014 user manual in the download section. Should be pretty much what you need.

Thanks MichaelB, please see my response to hotelcalifornia and Max-Felix, just looking for some items that aren't in that manual, cheers. Laurent

Thanks Max,
It was mainly for the things that changed such as

1. Going from manual to automatic, haven't used a semi automatic before and not familiar with the +/- shifting or the S gear.

2. The RNS 510 navigation system- Having problems getting it to recognize my bluetooth for audio. It has connected my phone but not the audio system.

3. Type of oil recommended for this motor (i used to use 5W/30

4. The new climatic system has a few changes from my old one. When I turn on the AC, the back system automatically starts up (even if I haven't pressed the rear button on the front panel). Don't know how to stop this.

Any inputs on these items would be appreciated!

RNS510 manual online - just Google it:

http://www.oemretrofits.co.uk/manuals/RNS510-MFD3-Manual.pdf

Oil depends on service schedule - longlife etc?

See the topic yesterday on DSG use in mountains - in a nutshell leave in D for regular use with economy style mapping, sport mode typically will drop down a cog and use most of the rev range holding lower gears and for longer. Manual - knock lever over and then use up/down on lever to act as a sequential manual box - also use in to select lower gears for engine braking on descents.

Greetings all,
I just returned to France from Germany where I sold my 2005 VW California and purchased a 2013 VW California. Now I have a newer vehicle but the manuals are in German. I checked the download section but did not see one available. I emailed SMG about purchasing one a few days ago but no response. Does anyone know where I might find either a hard copy or electronic copy in english? Eager to figure out the upgrades that 8 years newer vehicle brings....

Thanks Laurent
Ah, it's not so much the " California " manual you need , basically unchanged and it deals with the Camper side of things, as the T5.1 Manual/Handbook.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswage...wners-Handbook-Manual-and-Wallet/292191894114

As far as I remember from my 5.1, pressing the 'rear' button so that it is lit means that any adjustments made to the settings will be made exclusively to the rear. It will then retain those settings and apply them. So the 'rear' button on the main controls is not in itself an on/off switch, it just allows you to make adjustments to the rear settings (including switching off) from the front.

RNS510 manual online - just Google it:

http://www.oemretrofits.co.uk/manuals/RNS510-MFD3-Manual.pdf

Oil depends on service schedule - longlife etc?

See the topic yesterday on DSG use in mountains - in a nutshell leave in D for regular use with economy style mapping, sport mode typically will drop down a cog and use most of the rev range holding lower gears and for longer. Manual - knock lever over and then use up/down on lever to act as a sequential manual box - also use in to select lower gears for engine braking on descents.

Thanks much Max Felix, got the nav manual and good advice for driving. Not sure about longlife, I'll try to find the maintenance records or have vw look them up. Cheers!

As far as I remember from my 5.1, pressing the 'rear' button so that it is lit means that any adjustments made to the settings will be made exclusively to the rear. It will then retain those settings and apply them. So the 'rear' button on the main controls is not in itself an on/off switch, it just allows you to make adjustments to the rear settings (including switching off) from the front.

Thanks very much Joker, I'll give it a try. Plus just ordered an english version of 5.1. Cheers!

Back