Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2015 California Roof sags on passenger side over night

C

Californiadreamin

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Please help, can anyone recommended a garage in the Cardiff (South Wales) area, who are used to repairing electrohydraulic roof issues. I have Right Hand Drive VW California Registered new in 2015 and this year after a great summer season on our last two camping trips of the year I woke up in the night to notice that the pop up roof was sagging on the passenger side. The central control system took, the roof back up but by the morning it was sagging again.
Sorry I only just realised that when I posted this the registration year of the van was wrong (2005) I have now amended it to the correct one which is 2015.

Last edited:
Your Cali did the correct thing and fixed itself which for a 2005 is pretty good.

We have a 2008 Cali which we have owned since 2009. About ten years ago it drooped and reset about 3 times one summer. It’s never done it since.

Sounds like the van is working so I’m not sure you want to go looking for a fault just yet. I would wait to see if it does it at least maybe 3 or so more times before I start letting somebody start taking things apart.

Please help, can anyone recommended a garage in the Cardiff area, who are used to repairing electrohydraulic roof issues. I have VW california 2005 and this year after a great summer season on our last two camping trips of the year I woke up in the night to notice that the pop up roof was sagging on the passenger side. The central control system took, the roof back up but by the morning it was sagging again.
I would agree with @Lambeth Cali s post above. You could check for any leakage of hydraulic fluid from the ram and hydraulic pipes on that side, remove the plastic cover to get a good view. If there is no evidence then I would leave alone at present.