Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2019 Build

Be thankful that they arnt keyless ignitions, theifs would have a field day taking them off peoples drives. Having a key start stops them reading the transponder from inside your house. They can get in to the vechicles but can’t drive them away unless they physically have the keys.
80k for a campervan....really? I though mine at +60k was a shocker. What on earth do you get for 20k extra?? Is there a hot tub, and an arcade machine in there as well??!!

Good point; I've seen stories of folks having their pride and joy taken in seconds due to keyless ignition; I'm told the best way to mitigate this risk is to have a Ghost Immobiliser fitted.

No hot tub and no arcade machine I'm afraid.

A standard 204PS 4M DSG Ocean is £63k without any options; when we ordered ours, I went perhaps a little mad with the options and they soon mount up.

Last edited:
Good point; I've seen stories of folks having their price and joy taken in seconds due to keyless ignition; I'm told the best way to mitigate this risk is to have a Ghost Immobiliser fitted.

No hot tub and no arcade machine I'm afraid.

A standard 204PS 4M DSG Ocean is £63k without any options; when we ordered ours, I went perhaps a little mad with the options and they soon mount up.
I may have bagged a top deal with mine then at the price I paid from VW :pinkbanana The only thing I didn’t get was 204 and 4mo :veryfunny

An electronic handbrake would be a good idea to free up the floor space; plus it would mean you would be able to swivel the drivers seat without having to let the handbrake off.

I ordered our new CaliO a few weeks ago and mistakenly assumed the heated windscreen was standard; so I went back to the dealer to get them to add it to my order for a whopping £426; the "list" price on ours is approaching £80k and so I think a car at this price level should include it as standard.

As for the keyless ignition, for me this is more of a nice to have; my other car has it, as does the wife's car and I was initially irritated by it because I would keep leaving my keys in the car; although now that I'm used to it I do prefer it and so it would be good if VW included it with the Cali.
Re Keyless Ignition - I love it. Though the other day, my wife dropped me off at work, then drove home, only to call me to ask where the keys were, as she could not get into the house ... they were still in my pocket!

Builds start again next week - surely that means they need to confirm the MY19 updates / changes. Has anyone got previous memories of when this comes out?

Builds start again next week - surely that means they need to confirm the MY19 updates / changes. Has anyone got previous memories of when this comes out?

I take it the leave it till the last minute so they can shift old stock off the forecourt?

I take it the leave it till the last minute so they can shift old stock off the forecourt?

Just spotted this leaked image for new 2019 models from parkers website, apparently larger front grill to help lower emissions.
Screenshot_20180730-121438_Chrome.jpg

Omg please tell me they are not going ahead with this new grille? That is sooooo god damn ugly.

This is direct from the parkers page;
Screenshot_20180730-122334_Chrome.jpg

Agreed, that grille is terrible, I imagine it would look even worse if they colour-code it, I can see a big market in an aftermarket solution.

That’s a base version, it will look prettier on the more upmarket vans (hopefully!) :thumb
Other articles ive read say its the mule vehicle ready for the VW T7, sure vw will make the front much nice if it is the new updated t6!