Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet 2022 - SLIMBRIDGE CALIFORNIA MEET Fri 23rd-Sun 25th September

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Friday 23-09-2022
Event end date: Sunday 25-09-2022
Registration ends: Thursday 22-09-2022
Maximum: 500
Username Guest count Note
Mr T Mr T 1 Chris
WelshGas WelshGas 2 Paul & Terri. Restaurant booked Friday/Saturday 6pm
GlennR GlennR 2  
Saesneg Shaun Saesneg Shaun 2 + Dog
T Taglish1 2  
Billy Billy 2  
Calimagg Calimagg 2 Maggie and Bob
Keith Smith Keith Smith 2 Plus Jess
TheDoc TheDoc 3 Possibly +1 more
Carl_______________ Carl_______________ 2  
Hantshog Hantshog 2  
Greenbrendafunbus Greenbrendafunbus 2  
66PaulVWCoast 66PaulVWCoast 2 Booked this afternoon, will arrive 8.00 ish Friday evening.
H Hamish S 1  
Docsu Docsu 1 Will get on to this first thing tomorrow to get booked in. So glad to see return of the meets.. All booked now plus aged cocker spaniel
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky 2 All booked up and registered this morning. Easy process thanks.
blakeley blakeley 2  
S SamSara 2  
A alison 1 all booked in
Chordist Chordist 2 All booked, looking forward to meeting like minded folk on our first rally.
Arlene Arlene 3 Can't come now, but might join you for drink in pub as I'm local
topmonty topmonty 2  
P Paul Dickinson 1  
SusiBus SusiBus 2 Sue + Graham. No Cali at moment. Booked into BB.Coming in MGB for a chat
Photo Nan Photo Nan 2 We’re booked Tina and Pete Hogg and Pat the cherry red California Coast
Colin Graburn Colin Graburn 2  
Calvin Calvin 1 Plus Bruno
Kirk Kirk 2 First Meet please be gentle
J Jane C 2 one California ocean "Nellie"
docbob1 docbob1 2  
CaliforniamanIvan CaliforniamanIvan 2 Hi, just purchased a 2021 Ocean (2 weeks ago). We have booked with the campsite at Tudor caravan park and are looking forward to meeting everyone. Regards Maggie and Ivan plus Twiglet, our Jack Rus
D Dingbat 1 1st Rally!
B BigJohn 2 Our first meet - looking forward to it! John & Amanda
Mattsv Mattsv 1 Matt, Anita and Barney the bulldog in Seymour - Ascot grey coast
P Peter Jennings 2  
Speleo62 Speleo62 2 Instead of Arlene so deduct 3. Rosie and Mick
1659814225822.png

Just a reminder that if you have booked and not yet registered, please RSVP at the top of this page so we know who is attending - thanks

Hi, have booked with site for 2 people, then tried to register as indicted at top of page, pressed submit but listing not appearing on post.

Hi, have booked with site for 2 people, then tried to register as indicted at top of page, pressed submit but listing not appearing on post.
Excellent!
You are down on the rsvp list above, so all good. Look forward to meeting you!

A suggestion for those who are attending.
Place a notice in the windscreen with your Forum name on it.
May help to break the ice.
When I arranged the last Club shop meeting in Bolsover I produced such notices for all participants. It certainly did help break the ice. I still use mine!
1660050334223.png

Great thought.

Great! Sadly cannot attend the meet but quietly hoping for a COTF in the summer months…
Would be nice to see some members again ‘from back then’ and to get to know new ones; we had so much contact with each other during the long waiting times (especially in the thread New T6.1 order delays ;)).

We have booked Fri 24-Sun 26th of September at Tudor Park and the price will be £40 for the 2 nights.
(£20 per unit per night. Minimum stay 2 nights.) Extra nights they will also kindly do at the discounted rate. So if you wish to get there before Friday or stay after Sunday you will be able to do this at the same rate.
All bookings must mention the California Club to get the discount which will then be applied. Will be easier to do over the phone 01453 890483 as the on-line booking system is not so flexible.
The location will be at the Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, GL2 7BP in the same place as last year.

It is next to the Sharpness Canal which gives the possibility of long flat cycle rides or walks to nearby villages. Frampton on Severn if you go Northwards or Purton & Sharpness to the South. Their website is http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/

There is no direct access from the field to the canal so the site is safe for children.
It is also only ½ a mile from the Slimbridge wetland wildlife reserve.

The site is level and there are no hook-up points on this field. There are some on the adjacent fields on the site, but you will then not be with the main group. Campers staying in the rally field are able to stay until after lunch on the Sunday.
The campsite has given us 25 places on the Rally field, we have the canal side of the field only this year and there will be other campers on the other side of the field.
Should visitors wish to stay on an EHU pitch they are not covered by the Rally discount and will pay full price as per prices published on the website which is about £52 for the 2 nights, please be aware these pitches are NOT on the rally field but are within a short distance of it.

To get there:-

From the North, come down the M5 and take exit 13 for Stroud then turn right to A38 South and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the South, take exit 14 from M5 & then A38 North and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the East, take exit 18 from the M4 and follow the A46 to Stroud. Then follow signs towards the M5 and take the A38 southwards.

Please try to avoid arriving at school finishing time, 14.45-15.45, there is a primary school very close by & the roads are very narrow around here with few passing spaces.
At the roundabout on the A38 brown tourist signs direct you to the WWT & Tudor Caravan Park which is just before the canal bridge. Pub on the left, drive through the pub car park and reception is on your right.

Could you please add a note to this thread when you book so we can keep a track of numbers please.

See you there I hope
Simon

View attachment 82356

View attachment 82357

View attachment 82358

View attachment 82359
Any space for one more?

Booked in. No problems over the telephone. Paul Dickinson. Just me - wife at a Zumba weekend in Bournemouth!! Can't add to the Guest List probably because the maximum number 40 has been reached.

Booked in. No problems over the telephone. Paul Dickinson. Just me - wife at a Zumba weekend in Bournemouth!! Can't add to the Guest List probably because the maximum number 40 has been reached.
Excellent, look forward to meeting you, it’ll be much more fun than Zumba.

@Martin or @calikev can you edit the rsvp to allow more guests please?
Thank you

Although having sold our California, we really wanted to come, having been to a previous Slimbridge Meet, and really enjoyed it. So booked in at local BB, and hope to make the trip in our MGB if the weather looks half decent.

Phoned to book but got the answer phone will try again later. PETE and I have Pat our cherry red Coast and we’re looking forward to meeting everyone. Have registered on the guest list

All sorted was told if we want to extend our stay we can and still pay the discount price.

Back