Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet 2022 - SLIMBRIDGE CALIFORNIA MEET Fri 23rd-Sun 25th September

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Friday 23-09-2022
Event end date: Sunday 25-09-2022
Registration ends: Thursday 22-09-2022
Maximum: 500
Username Guest count Note
Mr T Mr T 1 Chris
WelshGas WelshGas 2 Paul & Terri. Restaurant booked Friday/Saturday 6pm
GlennR GlennR 2  
Saesneg Shaun Saesneg Shaun 2 + Dog
T Taglish1 2  
Billy Billy 2  
Calimagg Calimagg 2 Maggie and Bob
Keith Smith Keith Smith 2 Plus Jess
TheDoc TheDoc 3 Possibly +1 more
Carl_______________ Carl_______________ 2  
Hantshog Hantshog 2  
Greenbrendafunbus Greenbrendafunbus 2  
66PaulVWCoast 66PaulVWCoast 2 Booked this afternoon, will arrive 8.00 ish Friday evening.
H Hamish S 1  
Docsu Docsu 1 Will get on to this first thing tomorrow to get booked in. So glad to see return of the meets.. All booked now plus aged cocker spaniel
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky 2 All booked up and registered this morning. Easy process thanks.
blakeley blakeley 2  
S SamSara 2  
A alison 1 all booked in
Chordist Chordist 2 All booked, looking forward to meeting like minded folk on our first rally.
Arlene Arlene 3 Can't come now, but might join you for drink in pub as I'm local
topmonty topmonty 2  
P Paul Dickinson 1  
SusiBus SusiBus 2 Sue + Graham. No Cali at moment. Booked into BB.Coming in MGB for a chat
Photo Nan Photo Nan 2 We’re booked Tina and Pete Hogg and Pat the cherry red California Coast
Colin Graburn Colin Graburn 2  
Calvin Calvin 1 Plus Bruno
Kirk Kirk 2 First Meet please be gentle
J Jane C 2 one California ocean "Nellie"
docbob1 docbob1 2  
CaliforniamanIvan CaliforniamanIvan 2 Hi, just purchased a 2021 Ocean (2 weeks ago). We have booked with the campsite at Tudor caravan park and are looking forward to meeting everyone. Regards Maggie and Ivan plus Twiglet, our Jack Rus
D Dingbat 1 1st Rally!
B BigJohn 2 Our first meet - looking forward to it! John & Amanda
Mattsv Mattsv 1 Matt, Anita and Barney the bulldog in Seymour - Ascot grey coast
P Peter Jennings 2  
Speleo62 Speleo62 2 Instead of Arlene so deduct 3. Rosie and Mick
Just a couple of weeks away now, we’ve managed to get a few more pitches added, so it would be great to see them booked up.

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Thanks,

Chris

As Simon is taking a well earned break from arranging club meets I have offered to step in and get some meets arranged. First being the ever popular Slimbridge meet. .
Thank you Simon for the hard work over the years in organising club meets, it is very much appreciated!

I have booked Fri 23-Sun 25th of September at Tudor Park and the price will be £44 for the 2 nights.
(£22per unit per night. Minimum stay 2 nights.) If you wish to stay any additional nights beyond the Friday & Saturday you can book additional nights at this discounted rate. Please do not arrive before the 12pm check-in time on the Friday.
All bookings must mention the California Club to get the discount which will then be applied. Bookings must be made over the phone 01453 890483 as the on-line booking system is not so flexible.
Please note this is an informal meet, a chance to catch up with other Club members and discuss experiences and perhaps travel tips and advice, along with having a little nosey around other peoples vans!

The location will be at the Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, GL2 7BP in the same place as previous years.

It is next to the Sharpness Canal which gives the possibility of long flat cycle rides or walks to nearby villages. Frampton on Severn if you go Northwards or Purton & Sharpness to the South. Their website is http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/

There is no direct access from the field to the canal so the site is safe for children.
It is also only ½ a mile from the Slimbridge wetland wildlife reserve.

The site is level and there are no hook-up points on this field. There are some on the adjacent fields on the site, but you will then not be with the main group.
The campsite has given us 25 places on the Rally field, we have the canal side of the field
Should visitors wish to stay on an EHU pitch they are not covered by the Rally discount and will pay full price as per prices published on the website, please be aware these pitches are NOT on the rally field but are within a short distance of it.

To get there:-

From the North, come down the M5 and take exit 13 for Stroud then turn right to A38 South and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the South, take exit 14 from M5 & then A38 North and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the East, take exit 18 from the M4 and follow the A46 to Stroud. Then follow signs towards the M5 and take the A38 southwards.

Please try to avoid arriving at school finishing time, 14.45-15.45, there is a primary school very close by & the roads are very narrow around here with few passing spaces.
At the roundabout on the A38 brown tourist signs direct you to the WWT & Tudor Caravan Park which is just before the canal bridge. Pub on the left, drive through the pub car park and reception is on your right.

Could you please add a note to this thread when you book so we can keep a track of numbers please.

See you there I hope
Chris

P1020739a.jpg

Hi Chris, David and myself would very like to attend. However, we won’t have our new Cali by then, but we were wondering if we could just drive up in our car and stop by for a couple of hours just to walk around and chat to members. Is that do-able? Thanks, Bev

Hi, David and myself would love to stop by for a couple of hours just to have a walk around and meet people. Our new Cali isn’t due until October so we won’t be able to stay over. Would it be okay just to pop in sometime either Saturday or Sunday? Thanks, Bev

I’d love to join you all but I’ll have to wait til I no longer have a reactive dog! When dogs aren’t kept on a lead the risk of them coming up to our van is too stressful for everyone! Enjoy

We have the same issue with Honey, she is reactive to dogs running up. We've been to many meets and never had issues with loose dogs at any and everyone is very friendly and accommodating from my experience.. I do understand what its like however, its very challenging and folks with friendly dogs don't realise that not all dogs are friendly.

I may see if I can make this meet.

Last edited:
Hi, David and myself would love to stop by for a couple of hours just to have a walk around and meet people. Our new Cali isn’t due until October so we won’t be able to stay over. Would it be okay just to pop in sometime either Saturday or Sunday? Thanks, Bev

That should be fine , however you will need to park on the road or use the pub car park as the campsite does not normally allow day visitors to park in the campsite , if this changes we will post on here

That should be fine , however you will need to park on the road or use the pub car park as the campsite does not normally allow day visitors to park in the campsite , if this changes we will post on here
Thanks Martin.

If you can, come on the Saturday, as most will be packing up and leaving Sunday morning.

Thanks, we will aim to get there on Saturday.

As Simon is taking a well earned break from arranging club meets I have offered to step in and get some meets arranged. First being the ever popular Slimbridge meet. .
Thank you Simon for the hard work over the years in organising club meets, it is very much appreciated!

I have booked Fri 23-Sun 25th of September at Tudor Park and the price will be £44 for the 2 nights.
(£22per unit per night. Minimum stay 2 nights.) If you wish to stay any additional nights beyond the Friday & Saturday you can book additional nights at this discounted rate. Please do not arrive before the 12pm check-in time on the Friday.
All bookings must mention the California Club to get the discount which will then be applied. Bookings must be made over the phone 01453 890483 as the on-line booking system is not so flexible.
Please note this is an informal meet, a chance to catch up with other Club members and discuss experiences and perhaps travel tips and advice, along with having a little nosey around other peoples vans!

The location will be at the Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, GL2 7BP in the same place as previous years.

It is next to the Sharpness Canal which gives the possibility of long flat cycle rides or walks to nearby villages. Frampton on Severn if you go Northwards or Purton & Sharpness to the South. Their website is http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/

There is no direct access from the field to the canal so the site is safe for children.
It is also only ½ a mile from the Slimbridge wetland wildlife reserve.

The site is level and there are no hook-up points on this field. There are some on the adjacent fields on the site, but you will then not be with the main group.
The campsite has given us 25 places on the Rally field, we have the canal side of the field
Should visitors wish to stay on an EHU pitch they are not covered by the Rally discount and will pay full price as per prices published on the website, please be aware these pitches are NOT on the rally field but are within a short distance of it.

To get there:-

From the North, come down the M5 and take exit 13 for Stroud then turn right to A38 South and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the South, take exit 14 from M5 & then A38 North and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the East, take exit 18 from the M4 and follow the A46 to Stroud. Then follow signs towards the M5 and take the A38 southwards.

Please try to avoid arriving at school finishing time, 14.45-15.45, there is a primary school very close by & the roads are very narrow around here with few passing spaces.
At the roundabout on the A38 brown tourist signs direct you to the WWT & Tudor Caravan Park which is just before the canal bridge. Pub on the left, drive through the pub car park and reception is on your right.

Could you please add a note to this thread when you book so we can keep a track of numbers please.

See you there I hope
Chris

P1020739a.jpg

P1030570a (9).JPG

P1030570a (7).jpg

DAE0FEBD-62A4-4FAF-8A71-7D6B297E1F12.jpeg
We have just booked our place, really looking forward to it.
Regards Jane Cross

I've just had an email inviting me to this - is the number at the top the number of Calis or the number of people? I'm actually supposed to be elsewhere but I might be able to do both.

I've just had an email inviting me to this - is the number at the top the number of Calis or the number of people? I'm actually supposed to be elsewhere but I might be able to do both.
Number of people. We have a few spaces left, but filling up fast!

We seem to have had a problem with the RSVP at the top of the page, this is now working again so please remember to put your name down if you are attending - thanks

Have a great weekend everyone. Would love to meet you all but suspect we’ll be too many miles away at that point.

Maybe next year.

All booked up, not been to a rally before so should be interesting
Glad you can join us, it will be a good weekend for sure :thumb

Only a few pitches remain now, so please don't leave it to long if you wish to join us but have yet to book!

I am signed up for the meet as a single/solo traveller. I have also booked Wed 21st and Thur 22nd September prior to the Club meet in the Tudor Caravan Park "Orchard" section (adults only+EHU). Transferring to the rally field on Friday 23rd September.
Looking forward to meeting Club members.

Back