Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet 2022 - SLIMBRIDGE CALIFORNIA MEET Fri 23rd-Sun 25th September

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Friday 23-09-2022
Event end date: Sunday 25-09-2022
Registration ends: Thursday 22-09-2022
Maximum: 500
Username Guest count Note
Mr T Mr T 1 Chris
WelshGas WelshGas 2 Paul & Terri. Restaurant booked Friday/Saturday 6pm
GlennR GlennR 2  
Saesneg Shaun Saesneg Shaun 2 + Dog
T Taglish1 2  
Billy Billy 2  
Calimagg Calimagg 2 Maggie and Bob
Keith Smith Keith Smith 2 Plus Jess
TheDoc TheDoc 3 Possibly +1 more
Carl_______________ Carl_______________ 2  
Hantshog Hantshog 2  
Greenbrendafunbus Greenbrendafunbus 2  
66PaulVWCoast 66PaulVWCoast 2 Booked this afternoon, will arrive 8.00 ish Friday evening.
H Hamish S 1  
Docsu Docsu 1 Will get on to this first thing tomorrow to get booked in. So glad to see return of the meets.. All booked now plus aged cocker spaniel
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky 2 All booked up and registered this morning. Easy process thanks.
blakeley blakeley 2  
S SamSara 2  
A alison 1 all booked in
Chordist Chordist 2 All booked, looking forward to meeting like minded folk on our first rally.
Arlene Arlene 3 Can't come now, but might join you for drink in pub as I'm local
topmonty topmonty 2  
P Paul Dickinson 1  
SusiBus SusiBus 2 Sue + Graham. No Cali at moment. Booked into BB.Coming in MGB for a chat
Photo Nan Photo Nan 2 We’re booked Tina and Pete Hogg and Pat the cherry red California Coast
Colin Graburn Colin Graburn 2  
Calvin Calvin 1 Plus Bruno
Kirk Kirk 2 First Meet please be gentle
J Jane C 2 one California ocean "Nellie"
docbob1 docbob1 2  
CaliforniamanIvan CaliforniamanIvan 2 Hi, just purchased a 2021 Ocean (2 weeks ago). We have booked with the campsite at Tudor caravan park and are looking forward to meeting everyone. Regards Maggie and Ivan plus Twiglet, our Jack Rus
D Dingbat 1 1st Rally!
B BigJohn 2 Our first meet - looking forward to it! John & Amanda
Mattsv Mattsv 1 Matt, Anita and Barney the bulldog in Seymour - Ascot grey coast
P Peter Jennings 2  
Speleo62 Speleo62 2 Instead of Arlene so deduct 3. Rosie and Mick
Sadly we are not going to be able to attend the Slimbridge meet this weekend.

Chris please feel free to allocate our space on the rally field to someone who can use it.

Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Catch up with you all another time.

Last minute decision, just booked a pitch adjacent to the club meeting site, we’re new to the club and camper vans and look forward to meeting you all.
Chris & Kim

Unfortunately we aren't able to make it. Have a great time all. See you next year! Camperjam and Busfest are on the wish list!! Tim and Penny

Sadly we are not going to be able to attend the Slimbridge meet this weekend.

Chris please feel free to allocate our space on the rally field to someone who can use it.

Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Catch up with you all another time.
Sorry you cant make it Shaun, hope all is ok.

Hope to see you at the next one.
Best wishes

Chris

Last minute decision, just booked a pitch adjacent to the club meeting site, we’re new to the club and camper vans and look forward to meeting you all.
Chris & Kim
Excellent, look forward to meting you both!

Hi. Quick update for those that are joining us at Slimbridge this weekend.
If you are booked on the Rally field you do not need to check-in at reception, please come straight through to the Rally field and check-in with me. Please do not arrive before 12pm on the Friday.

For those that haven’t been before below is a map of the site and the yellow line I’ve drawn on shows where you need to go to get to the rally field. The red circled building is reception and the blue circled building is the toilet/shower block.
If you are not booked on the rally field you must check-in at reception.
Look forward to seeing you all Friday!
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

04DD2F81-98DE-4F07-B372-7DFEC492416E.jpeg

@WelshGas @GlennR @Taglish1 @Billy @Calimagg @Keith Smith @TheDoc @Carl_______________
@Hantshog @Greenbrendafunbus @66PaulVWCoast @Hamish S @Docsu @Jabberwocky
@blakeley @SamSara @alison @Chordist @Arlene @topmonty @Paul Dickinson @Photo Nan
@Colin Graburn @Calvin @Kirk @Jane C @docbob1 @CaliforniamanIvan @Dingbat @BigJohn
@Mattsv @Peter Jennings @Ian Burton

Last edited:
Hello to all that are booked in for Slimbridge this weekend, not long now!

I am going to attempt to make some larger name signs for each member to display on their windscreen, as previously mentioned earlier in this thread.
If you would like you first name(s) on this sign along with your forum name could you please edit the guest list above and add your first names to the Notes section? Humans only ;)
I'll then create an A4 laminated sign for each Cali owner. Certainly helps break the ice and also helps me remember who's who!
I can’t seem to edit. For me its Sam and Sebastian. Thanks

At the last Slimbridge meet, someone provided a gazebo that was erected in the middle of the event field which made a good meeting spot for a get together for a few beers. I distinctly remember Boris holding up a chandelier. It was a good evening and made it easy for people to mingle and get to know each other. Just an idea, but I haven't got a gazebo and I'm coming in an MGB anyway!!

At the last Slimbridge meet, someone provided a gazebo that was erected in the middle of the event field which made a good meeting spot for a get together for a few beers. I distinctly remember Boris holding up a chandelier. It was a good evening and made it easy for people to mingle and get to know each other. Just an idea, but I haven't got a gazebo and I'm coming in an MGB anyway!!
That was us but unfortunately don’t have enough time to get them. Nothing wrong with meeting in the middle with some lamps we are booked into the pub for 7.30 Saturday night. Can we meet up there? Saturday morning is good for wandering round and saying hi and can I have a nose in your van. We would like to talk to anyone who has solar fitted to find out how easy it is to fit/what you can plug in etc.

That was us but unfortunately don’t have enough time to get them. Nothing wrong with meeting in the middle with some lamps we are booked into the pub for 7.30 Saturday night. Can we meet up there? Saturday morning is good for wandering round and saying hi and can I have a nose in your van. We would like to talk to anyone who has solar fitted to find out how easy it is to fit/what you can plug in etc.
More than happy to show off my solar installation from Roger + Solar Camper Solutions

My 7yr old Solar setup will be on display, but Saturday pm as plan to cycle to Gloucester Cathedral in the morning.

I installed my kit from Roger earlier this year, happy to show and share what I learnt.

Filling up nicely here at Slimbridge

View attachment 99704View attachment 99705

Sorry we can’t join you this time; hope you all have a great weekend.

If it’s not too cloudy you have a chance of spotting the space station …

031b3e5906767d213e26d67318065ac1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you @Mr T for your time and effort. You obviously have a good relationship with the " Weather Gods ", couldn't have wished for a better weekend.
Great to meet you and Mrs WG, many thanks for coming and I hope you enjoyed the weekend.
The weather was fab, so lucky!

Thanks Mr T for organising muchly appreciated. Great to meet up with everyone hope you all got back safely.

Great weather, great company, great beer, great craig, and great to see some new faces too = a very, very enjoyable weekend!! What more could you want! Thank's to All for making it happen with a special shout out to Mr T for his organising.

8E79B9C0-6E06-4796-8AAB-F3A119A6F198.jpeg

Back