Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2022 Tyre Tests.

Good plan, I also get 15% off the Michelin as a hero at ATS-Euromaster.
And lifetime puncture / repair / replacement for free anywhere I can get to an ATS.
So no need for a spare.
I have a set of Michelin latitude cross 235/55/17 on my joker very pleased with them so far, just waiting for snow to arrive in Scotland but they have worked well in all other conditions.
Tyre wear is good and mpg isn’t to bad either.

How many miles do you get out of them WG?
We’ll just passing 20,000 miles on present set and tread depth 4.1 to 4.5 mm, across all 4 tyres, on a 4 Motion. I run at 44psi all round.

We’ll just passing 20,000 miles on present set and tread depth 4.1 to 4.5 mm, across all 4 tyres, on a 4 Motion. I run at 44psi all round.
Saw a set of CC on a pickup 4x4 thing at Groot service station in Belgium today. They looked well worn, so using them all seasons I guess. Liked the tread pattern

I had Goodyear Vector 4 seasons specced on mine from new and am replacing them after 5 years/40,000 miles with the gen 3 versions.
Seems these All Season tyres are now beating the reference dedicated winter tyres in some of the the Autobild tests, e.g. snow traction, which is pretty eye opening.

I run normal road tyres on my 16” beach standard wheels - can anyone recommend a tyre for my needs - i have a separate set of winter tyres / wheels so have snow n ice covered - i like exploring off road in warm places so need a tough tyre that grips on loose gravelly sandy tracks / can grip on a steep damp climbs / cruises efficiently at 70 on the motorway - the off road tyres seem at bit too heavy for what i need - many thanks

I run normal road tyres on my 16” beach standard wheels - can anyone recommend a tyre for my needs - i have a separate set of winter tyres / wheels so have snow n ice covered - i like exploring off road in warm places so need a tough tyre that grips on loose gravelly sandy tracks / can grip on a steep damp climbs / cruises efficiently at 70 on the motorway - the off road tyres seem at bit too heavy for what i need - many thanks
It is typically the Michelin Latitude Cross that corresponds to this use

Didn’t know this one.
A pure winter tyre. I wish there would be an all season tyre with off-road potential with 3PMSF, to avoid the yearly swaps…
Isnt that the Cross Climate?

I've been debating about tyres for ages without coming to any conclusion but it's become immediate now as I need new fronts, mot advisory only but I'm not happy to keep using them. I want to get some ATs but can't find any to fit the 16in wheels on my 2007 SE (same as Coast) with the right weight rating.
I want some steel wheels as well but not the VW ones.
I don't need to think about snow because I'm not planning continental travel but most of my camping is on grass in UK summer which usually means mud! This has been the first summer I haven't had any sticky moments.
Thinking of getting 17in wheels but I'm a little concerned about larger wheels and ATs fouling the wheel arches. My van is factory lowered but it's only 30mm.
Just wondered if anyone has done this with a lowered van?

I've been debating about tyres for ages without coming to any conclusion but it's become immediate now as I need new fronts, mot advisory only but I'm not happy to keep using them. I want to get some ATs but can't find any to fit the 16in wheels on my 2007 SE (same as Coast) with the right weight rating.
I want some steel wheels as well but not the VW ones.
I don't need to think about snow because I'm not planning continental travel but most of my camping is on grass in UK summer which usually means mud! This has been the first summer I haven't had any sticky moments.
Thinking of getting 17in wheels but I'm a little concerned about larger wheels and ATs fouling the wheel arches. My van is factory lowered but it's only 30mm.
Just wondered if anyone has done this with a lowered van?
17” wheels fitted with the correct sized tyres have the same circumference as 16” wheels fitted with the correct sized tyres. The 17” tyres will have a lower height sidewall compared with the 16” tyres.
Ride height of the vehicle will not change.
Only if you decide to fit non-standard tyres, non-recommended tyres will there be any changes eg: possible speedometer variation.

Back