Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

230V on hookup

Arnoob

Arnoob

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I wonder how the power supply is arranged at an EHU. Can I then switch on the full, maximum input (3, 6, 12 A) at the socket at the head of the kitchen with, for example, a watt controller or do I first have to take into account use by the refrigerator and USB connections? And how much electricity does the refrigerator actually use? This is a T6.1 (2021).

I wonder how the power supply is arranged at an EHU. Can I then switch on the full, maximum input (3, 6, 12 A) at the socket at the head of the kitchen with, for example, a watt controller or do I first have to take into account use by the refrigerator and USB connections? And how much electricity does the refrigerator actually use? This is a T6.1 (2021).
I’m not sure what you mean. The EHU power is determined and controlled by the Campsite.
If the campsite EHU is 230v and 6 amps circuit and you plug in a 2 kw heater or electric grill then the campsite power is cut off.

The fridge, Parking Heater and lights are all 12v and powered from the Leisure Batteries. When plugged into EHU the built in Mains 12v charger is switched On and charges the Leisure Batteries.

I’m not sure what you mean. The EHU power is determined and controlled by the Campsite.
If the campsite EHU is 230v and 6 amps circuit and you plug in a 2 kw heater or electric grill then the campsite power is cut off.

The fridge, Parking Heater and lights are all 12v and powered from the Leisure Batteries. When plugged into EHU the built in Mains 12v charger is switched On and charges the Leisure Batteries.
WelshGas, thanks. What I meant is this: the watt controller makes it possible to use a machine that uses more power than the Campsite delivers, for instance using a 1500 W electric heater on a 3A campsite input (don't know how but is should do). I wondered wether the controller in this case uses all campsite power the campsite delivers and therefore no power is left for charging the leisure batteries. I will ask Camparo , they should know.

I don’t think that there is such a “watt controller“ as standard ?

It's never bothered me. Fridge runs off leisure battery, so do lights etc. It's only the 3 pin accessories that you take with you that are going to draw off mains power. If you know what the EHU power supply limits are then just add up the watts for the accessories you may want to use all at once, divide by 240 and compare to what the EHU is giving you. If you are exceeding the supply constraints then don't use them all at once.

Back