Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

240v mains lead plugged in!!!

I can confirm with the mains lead plugged in and live mains it will sound a buzzer from the roof mounted control panel and if you drive away yes it will stop when you have broken the lead so it does sound an alarm
so I am happy thanks for all the replies

Caravans don't have engines lol
But they can still be towed with the Mains lead connected.
Seen a caravan on a full service pitch drive away with the Drain pipe still connected. Stretched a lot before it came off.

I really need to think more before posting lol

Bing bong... John, did you remember to get dressed before driving away from your pitch?...bing bong.

Pretty much everyone here has done it and laughed about it.

Having a rant at VW and looking to blame others for your own stupidity is just embarrassing.

I drove off with the tailgate open last week. Have since 'got around' to putting a little sticker on the rear window so I can see in my rear view mirror if it's shut.

But I don't brush my teeth. Just pop them in a jar of Steradent in the coffee cup holder.

I reversed the van last week using the camera to position the rear as close as possible could to the car behind.

I jumped out just to do a visual and noticed the bike rack, which is out of the field of vision of the camera, was about two microns from the bonnet of the car.

Lucky me. I was going to call Alpine and rant about the camera but then I realised I'd been a tw@t.

Before pulling away from the campsite, one or the other makes a circuit around Campi, looking under her and one last eyeball over the top to make sure the top box lowered correctly. Started out in this manner two years ago and have not changed procedures.

I have solved my problem. Regarding the mains being plugged in as I park in my drive tight up to the Fence at home
Used an old mains plug. 12v power supply and a bright flashing led. And laid on floor. In middle of seats. Acts a an extra spoof alarm And you see it Simply plugs into mains socket on side of sink

I have solved my problem. Regarding the mains being plugged in as I park in my drive tight up to the Fence at home
Used an old mains plug. 12v power supply and a bright flashing led. And laid on floor. In middle of seats. Acts a an extra spoof alarm And you see it Simply plugs into mains socket on side of sink

Glad you found a solution that works for you. (And hope you're finding lots of opportunities to be not parked up at home.) :thumb

Well it's not parked in my drive but at the dealers now being wired from scratch for tow bar electrics as a miss build according to vw tech dept so I'm getting a free tow bar but not till end of next week
My post about the mains lead did cause a few comments. But I am dislexic and did not explain correcty. But when I fit a solar panel I guess I won't need the mains anyway again thanks for your kind words

Well it's not parked in my drive but at the dealers now being wired from scratch for tow bar electrics as a miss build according to vw tech dept so I'm getting a free tow bar but not till end of next week
My post about the mains lead did cause a few comments. But I am dislexic and did not explain correcty. But when I fit a solar panel I guess I won't need the mains anyway again thanks for your kind words

Better think again and put it frequent on 220v hook-up even afther you got the solar panel ....;)

I always stick something on the steering wheel when hook up is on. I agree though, in this day and age on a state of the art vehicle like the Cali there should be a failsafe and I imagine eventually it will be standard fitment. For example, see the ad below from 1968 bragging about child proof locks! :D

IMG_3111.JPG

Until then I'll stick with the steering wheel reminder ....

BTW the other thing to watch out for is driving off the the tailgate open. There is a dash indicator but it's not obvious and there is no warning buzzer!

Back