Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

30 years special & wheel queries

Alpen

Alpen

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Looks absolutely Awsome!!!!
Any feedback on the suspension now it’s been on a while??
Yeah it’s really good! Mines about 45mm but doesn’t feel any stiffer than my BMW on standard shocks. Really good road holding, and so far no clearance issues although I haven’t had anything too horrendous terrain wise so far.

Really glad I got the coil overs. All about the stance Feels like the perfect compromise height v looks v practicality

Jay17cali

Jay17cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
That’s exactly what I wanted to hear Thankyou...mine have arrived and sat at the dealers but the van hasn’t :mad: looking forward to it even more now though....
Also I couldn’t agree more with the stance/looks/ride quality....
Your van really does look awesome!!!!
I think when your spending so much money on a California you need to be able to make your van look how you want it to look without compromising the warranty...vw doing these approved coil overs is great and well over due.

Alpen

Alpen

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
That’s exactly what I wanted to hear Thankyou...mine have arrived and sat at the dealers but the van hasn’t :mad: looking forward to it even more now though....
Also I couldn’t agree more with the stance/looks/ride quality....
Your van really does look awesome!!!!
I think when your spending so much money on a California you need to be able to make your van look how you want it to look without compromising the warranty...vw doing these approved coil overs is great and well over due.
That’s what I thought in the end. I’ve basically spent an extra £4K to get it looking how I wanted it, without risking warranty etc. It’s not that much in comparison to the cost of the van. The wheels actually cost me less than the standard vw 18” upgrade and I still kept my spare wheel too.

Alpen

Alpen

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thanks for that, did find them on there web site local dealer offering them for £260 a corner very reasonable.

Thanks again.
I paid £1555 for all 4 with good year tyres.. Larkspeed Leeds. Everyone else was offering with Falkens for similar money but I thought the Good years looked better

Breeze1

Breeze1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Thanks for that I have the Goodyears Asymmetric 3's on my BBS's wanted the other ones for winter and all season tyres

W

Wondering Star

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi picture of my van on 30mm lowering springs and 16inch wheels.
Cost £300 plus vat at dealer, probably the best value option vw do!
One thought, if you go lower and fit a towbar mounted bike carrier you will seriously limit campsite access on undulating ground.

20190605_162016.jpg

B J G

B J G

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi Alpen,

Love the wheels, would like those for winter wheels, are you able to advise if they are weight rated for the California.
Just to butt in, I couldn't find any reference to actual load rating but this should settle any worries.

Breeze1

Breeze1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Thank you it does put your mind at ease.

Volkywagen

Volkywagen

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Ford use these on the sporty transits

Sandyvan

Sandyvan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi picture of my van on 30mm lowering springs and 16inch wheels.
Cost £300 plus vat at dealer, probably the best value option vw do!
One thought, if you go lower and fit a towbar mounted bike carrier you will seriously limit campsite access on undulating ground.

View attachment 50554
No issues with bike rack and sites.

Our Partners