Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California 30 years options

Take delivery, if it’s not what you wanted then add some aftermarket tints. Then you can add the % age of tint that you want to suit your needs

I’ve seen some that look very dark and they have to have lights on internally with daylight.
Each to their own.

I've been told the same but the dealer has written to VW to complain saying that I was upset privacy was not an option. It's such a shame given that it's one of the biggest selling options on any Cali, looks like tints are going to have to be the way.
The rear window doesn't look good with tints on though, you can still the outer layer of glass and double glazed section. Never mind, at least every other 30 year will be the same.

upload_2018-11-27_13-24-51.png

See above from the marketing brochure, this is VW privacy glass. If you go to You tube and also look at the Tumeric Yellow one VW had on the recent show stand (001) it also has privacy glass.

Oh I know, I've already told them that. There's a picture of another Turmeric yellow one, number 170, that also has privacy glass. Why we're being told it's not a option when the only pictures I've seen of any 30 year so far all have Privacy glass is a bit of a joke.

That does look like privacy glass on the blue but what concerns me now is that has a manual pop-top and no awning which should be fitted as standard on the 30 years. That said, on 001 (youtube) it has an electric pop-top and what appears to be privacy glass but still no awning. I feel like I've entered a 70K+ lucky dip. Would it be rude to ask if anyone here has contact details for VWCV Germany as I feel that may be the only way to find out exactly what I've ordered.

That does look like privacy glass on the blue but what concerns me now is that has a manual pop-top and no awning which should be fitted as standard on the 30 years. That said, on 001 (youtube) it has an electric pop-top and what appears to be privacy glass but still no awning. I feel like I've entered a 70K+ lucky dip. Would it be rude to ask if anyone here has contact details for VWCV Germany as I feel that may be the only way to find out exactly what I've ordered.
Specs and options may differ by territories. The blue one in the brochure appears to be a Coast (kitchen, manual roof) not a model that is sold in the UK. In any event, you can’t rely on brochure images which are often just used for artistic effect. My advice would be to wait and see what it’s like when you get it. Window tints must be one of the easiest aftermarket additions to apply if you’re not happy with it.

It does come with the awning and electric roof as standard. If you order the silver roof the dealer has to select options and the silver awning is an additional £210 over the black.

Has anyone received their 30th Year Ltd Edition yet? If so, what's your number?

I also just wondered if it came with the tinted windows or not?

I'd also be interested to see the colour of the interior cabinets. I've been told ours is being built week 5 and hopefully here for 1st March!

I've had the discussion at the dealership regarding the windows, they've raised a case but are unable to provide me with a definitive answer.

Fingers crossed......but i maybe take that with a pinch of salt. Standard build Europe/Germany may not be the Standard build for the UK....even on this limited edition.

Has anyone received their 30th Year Ltd Edition yet? If so, what's your number?

I also just wondered if it came with the tinted windows or not?

I'd also be interested to see the colour of the interior cabinets. I've been told ours is being built week 5 and hopefully here for 1st March!

I've had the discussion at the dealership regarding the windows, they've raised a case but are unable to provide me with a definitive answer.
Apparently my 30th is due in to the dealer today, approx 4 weeks early. Knowing my luck I'll get number 666. Will post some pics when I've picked it up.

Back