Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MY 2022 changes

andyinluton

andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
The UK june 8th brochure is now available for download.

Having looked through it the only changes I can find with specifications are :
1. No opening window available in the sliding door of a coast
2. 80litre tank not available on a 4 motion
3. One of the pictures shows the wireless phone charging as per the original T6.1 brochure. Can’t find it mentioned in the general text.

Last edited:
Page 38 - Alternator now 180A, was 250A.
Page 39 - Improvements in fuel economy, up to 10%
Page 40 - 1 to 3 kg difference in weight across the range.
Page 50 - LED headlight price increased.
Page 51 - Larger alternator / battery restricted to 150ps engines. non 204 4 MO.

------
Edits - P51 corrected as pointed out in post #3 -- thanks
LEDs
Weights

Last edited:
Page 38 - Alternator now 180A, was 250A.
Page 39 - Improvements in fuel economy, up to 10%
Page 40 - 1kg payload improvement on 204 engine
Page 51 - Larger alternator / battery restricted to 150ps engines.

I read page 51 as larger alternator not available on 204 4 motion, but available on 204 fwd.

No mention of APP updates, specifically remote locking and parking heater control?

Wireless charger is a nice addition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wireless charger is a nice addition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasn't it before? I am quite sure that was an option when I was ordering mine in Nov 2020, just didn't take it, as the phone already overheats with Android Auto and usually in the car I prefer to use fast chargers anyway.
What would be a much better upgrade IMO is for the usb-c ports to offer power delivery or just any fast charging technology and high Amperage.

Wasn't it before? I am quite sure that was an option when I was ordering mine in Nov 2020, just didn't take it, as the phone already overheats with Android Auto and usually in the car I prefer to use fast chargers anyway.
What would be a much better upgrade IMO is for the usb-c ports to offer power delivery or just any fast charging technology and high Amperage.
Was supposed to be standard on UK Ocean but never fitted, bit like the sliding window fly screens on early T6.1s

Lots of changes for the my22 beach on the configurator which is a little frustrating as mine is currently in build and I can’t have any of these options, not even sure what some of them are but the biggest changes I notice you can have are as follows

discovery media pro now available
Comfort dash is back
Water heater, not sure what that is but can be had in a timer or remote option
Refrigerator - again no information on what this actually is

Last edited:
Eurovans tell me the rear seatbelts will be equipped with a warning chime in MY22 to let the driver know passengers have not clipped their seatbelt.

No mention of APP updates, specifically remote locking and parking heater control?
We Connect1
Breakdown call
Information call
Parking Position
Automatic Accident Notification Vehicle status
Doors & Lights Vehicle Health Report Driving Data
Service Scheduling
We Connect Plus1,2
Online Traffic Information Online POI search
Online Map Update Online Voice Control Media Streaming3
Area Alert
Online anti-theft warning system Wi-Fi hotspot3
Speed Alert
Horn & Turn Signals
Online Route Calculation
Filling Stations
Parking Spaces

Doesn't appear to mention heater or remote locking.

We Connect1
Breakdown call
Information call
Parking Position
Automatic Accident Notification Vehicle status
Doors & Lights Vehicle Health Report Driving Data
Service Scheduling
We Connect Plus1,2
Online Traffic Information Online POI search
Online Map Update Online Voice Control Media Streaming3
Area Alert
Online anti-theft warning system Wi-Fi hotspot3
Speed Alert
Horn & Turn Signals
Online Route Calculation
Filling Stations
Parking Spaces

Doesn't appear to mention heater or remote locking.
I think @GrumpyGranddad was told by VW Connect that these features would re-emerge in MY22 after being told his MY21 would never be enabled for them.
Am I right in thinking they are included on MY20 6.1s?

I think @GrumpyGranddad was told by VW Connect that these features would re-emerge in MY22 after being told his MY21 would never be enabled for them.
Am I right in thinking they are included on MY20 6.1s?
Remote locking works on mine (2020) but not remote heating - not bothered as thats what the dedicated remote is for.

Remote locking works on mine (2020) but not remote heating - not bothered as thats what the dedicated remote is for.
How far away does the remote heating fob work?

It has a suprisingly long range - I couldn't be specific, but 200meters or so.
More than long enough to work from my bedside table on a frosty morning.

How far away does the remote heating fob work?

My smug of smug moments.

Freezing cold night in Scotland, snow falling steadily, every vehicle in the car park getting covered in snow. Finishing my dinner, decide on another glass of wine, listening to people around me comment on how cold it is, click on the remote fob in my bag.

Thirty minutes later, step out into the crisp cold, look at all the snow covered vehicles, "which one's Alfie? OH!! The one with no snow on the windows!!"

Step into a gorgeously warm camper, watch others leaving the pub climbing into their vehicles with coats, shawls, duvets, blankets all wrapped around them.

If the range isn’t enough, there is still an option to set a timer for it to come on at a set point.

If the range isn’t enough, there is still an option to set a timer for it to come on at a set point.
Or hold the Remote to your forehead. Increases the range significantly.

Re remote range for heater, it’s an awful long distance it will work from, walking back to the van in the distance, click the remote, watch the green light flash, get back to the toasty van,. brilliant

Back