Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

680 new wheels and All Terrain tyres

Many thanks. I need to solve the TPMS thing first now. I hope there isn't a compatibility issue and that I don't need to revert back to R17 wheels as that will involve either a necessary Michelin Cross Climate camping tyre the same size as currently fitted OR a larger KO2 if there are no fouling issues to meet the load requirements. of the two, I'd go Michelin, but then have to deal with suppliers...Nothing is ever easy!

Last edited:
Many thanks. I need to solve the TPMS thing first now. I hope their isn't a compatibility issue and that I don't need to revert back to R17 wheels as that will involve either a necessary Michelin Cross Climate camping tyre the same size as currently fitted OR a larger KO2 if there are no fouling issues to meet the load requirements. OF the two, I'd go Michelin, but then have to deal with suppliers...Nothing is ever easy!
As you say nothing is ever easy as I said in my last I have the Borbet C3’s but have the michelin agilis crossclimate which I believe is the commercial varian. Think that is what you may need as not sure the SUV is C rated. Could be wrong.
Will

Is the TPMS standard on the GC does anyone know? Or is it an option. I don’t recall seeing it when I configured mine, but it was a while ago :rolleyes:

Is the TPMS standard on the GC does anyone know? Or is it an option. I don’t recall seeing it when I configured mine, but it was a while ago :rolleyes:
I’m not actually sure if it’s standard, It isn’t specified as an option on my VMS printout but mine does have it.

Hi Mr T it’s about a £400 option.

Seems Rogue CC1s are compatible and they sell appropriate and coded units recommended in rubber as less corrosion issues. Not a cheap add on for a good unit but easier for me than swopping over and I can keep the originals as they can fail or if someone buys my lismores and has the system its all good.

The Cross Climate Camping also comes in a the same size with an even higher load rating than the grabber (looks mild off road ready too) so choices going forward. Some speedo error to be expected as a 30mm overall dia increase.

I’d be interested to know what tyre pressures those on 225/75 16s are on on the 680.

I found it hard to get factory pressures! But Kwik fit by registration/model says 44psi Front and rear! However my TPMS for a 235/65 16 days 4 bar front 4.7bar rear and this isn’t so far different to 225/75.

Anyone got advice or happy to share I’ve set mine to 4/4.7 for now.

B522DB08-1E51-4670-A7D3-9A83ED41E30A.jpeg

Last edited:
Seems Rogue CC1s are compatible and they sell appropriate and coded units recommended in rubber as less corrosion issues. Not a cheap add on for a good unit but easier for me than swopping over and I can keep the originals as they can fail or if someone buys my lismores and has the system its all good.

The Cross Climate Camping also comes in a the same size with an even higher load rating than the grabber (looks mild off road ready too) so choices going forward. Some speedo error to be expected as a 30mm overall dia increase.
You’ll probably find your Speedo becomes more accurate with a 30mm dia increase.

I'm running ours 60psi/4 bar front and rear.
The speedo now reads exactly the same as the gps

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

BTW- your comment is also sexist. If I'm taking a lady out it would be my honor and I certainly wouldn't be offensive about her makeup

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
and men can wear lipstick too - it is not exclusively for women. You should see me on Sundays.

Hi All - hoping somebody who has changed their wheels/tyres can provide some thoughts and advice. I’d like to get a set of 16” alloys and General Grabber AT tyres from Rogue Alloys (below) but have seen some people mention issues with TPMS? Do you think this could be an issue? I’m not 100% sure if the GC I collect on Friday even has it, but it seems a very well spec’d van so I am assuming so. Any advice would be much appreciated. Wheels have 1500kg load rating and I believe the General Grabber is also correct load rating for the GC 680 according to earlier posts in this thread. The photo below shows BFG AT tyres, but I realise the ones I’m looking at will be General Grabber’s.

1687177579926.png

Also if it looks doable, do you think these wheels will look ok with Mojave/Candy White van?

My ex GC 680 CC1s remain for sale with TPMS great price…

That aside, if it has tpms you will need to order sensors with the wheels. This will cost you an extra £170.

Load rating for wheel all good, 16” Grabbers also fine if specified correctly in 225/70 which is what I had fitted as per my post above.

My ex GC 680 CC1s remain for sale with TPMS great price…

That aside, if it has tpms you will need to order sensors with the wheels. This will cost you an extra £170.

Load rating for wheel all good, 16” Grabbers also fine if specified correctly in 225/70 which is what I had fitted as per my post above.
Thanks for the reply! I was really hoping you would pick up the thread! I just looked at your wheels and tyres! I was after the satin coloured ones to be honest, but will have a think about it and pm you if it’s something I want to pursue.
please could I ask where you got the tpms from and who programmed it for you? I do not live near Reading so would be purchasing the wheels etc to be posted to me. Many thanks

Last edited:
I ordered TPMS from Rogue with the wheels and they coded them to GC.

If you did want them, if there is a camp spot near or on the way and not toooo far, I might be able drop them off for some fuel consideration. shipping with Rogue was £49.99.

I ordered TPMS from Rogue with the wheels and they coded them to GC.

If you did want them, if there is a camp spot near or on the way and not toooo far, I might be able drop them off for some fuel consideration. shipping with Rogue was £49.99.
Thanks. Rogue currently have a 10% code on their website too. I need to see first if the GC has TPMS when I collect it on Friday. I’ve already bombarded the seller with questions, so want to leave him be now!

Hi All - hoping somebody who has changed their wheels/tyres can provide some thoughts and advice. I’d like to get a set of 16” alloys and General Grabber AT tyres from Rogue Alloys (below) but have seen some people mention issues with TPMS? Do you think this could be an issue? I’m not 100% sure if the GC I collect on Friday even has it, but it seems a very well spec’d van so I am assuming so. Any advice would be much appreciated. Wheels have 1500kg load rating and I believe the General Grabber is also correct load rating for the GC 680 according to earlier posts in this thread. The photo below shows BFG AT tyres, but I realise the ones I’m looking at will be General Grabber’s.

View attachment 109963
Thanks for starting this post going again I’d forgotten how funny the first page is

Ok, so collected the GC on Friday, found a water leak in shower on Sunday, spent all day that has hopefully rectified it (another thread about that!).
So Monday morning ordered some 17” Black Rhino Warlords in Gun Metal and BFG tyres all correct or exceeded weight rating - 1224kg on the alloys and 119 rated on the BFG’s. Arrived today (next day) from Elite Wheels and Tyres in Reading. Had them fitted later in the day, have to say I am very pleased with them.

IMG_0747.jpeg

IMG_0748.jpeg

Had mine fitted from new easy install for the tech costs around £600 all in ie Jack, tools, carrier, wheels and tyre. Fitted. It works on a wind out sling from inside the van so quite secure.
Hi jester
Not sure if you are online at the moment. Am in a garage in Malaga trying to order the spare wheel. They are saying that the standard GC 17” wheel is too big to fit under the van. What size spare wheel did you fit?
Thanks
John

Hi jester
Not sure if you are online at the moment. Am in a garage in Malaga trying to order the spare wheel. They are saying that the standard GC 17” wheel is too big to fit under the van. What size spare wheel did you fit?
Thanks
John
Hi John lovely place to be, I’m also away at tv he moment so no paperwork. From memory the dealer advised me upon the spare indicating that the 17 inch OEM wheel would not fit, so they fitted a standard 16 inch rim with a tire that will take up the rolling radius of a 17 inch standard will.
Hope that helps John

Hi John lovely place to be, I’m also away at tv he moment so no paperwork. From memory the dealer advised me upon the spare indicating that the 17 inch OEM wheel would not fit, so they fitted a standard 16 inch rim with a tire that will take up the rolling radius of a 17 inch standard will.
Hope that helps John
Hi jester
Thanks very much for that. I am going to order that tomorrow from the dealer but was just checking
Hope your weather is as nice as ours wherever you are
Thanks
John

Back