Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A bonus!

That is wonderful, a lovely surprise! haha! Make sure you tell your insurance company asap if they arent aware.

It certainly was! Well the insurers have the reg number so this should hopefully be ok.

You'll need to update your details here too!

Was it a new purchase, ex demo, ex mgt, plain 2nd hand..... Spill the beans. Perhaps others need to check theirs!

Haha! Brilliant!

I was hoping ours would accidentally be delivered as a two-tone white/bamboo green combo but sadly not.

You'll need to update your details here too!

Was it a new purchase, ex demo, ex mgt, plain 2nd hand..... Spill the beans. Perhaps others need to check theirs!
LOL! It was a private sale, I thought I had a good deal for a 150, now I have a great deal for a 204! I guess if youre selling your van, double check with VW to ensure youre not over or under selling!

That's just plain optimism!!

I was on a site a few weeks ago talking to a couple with a very nice self build conversation, and happened to see the diff lock button on the dash, started talking 4 motion to which I was told its not a 4x4. I had a quick look underneath the back and asked well why do you need two extra drive shafts then ;).
They were well pleased. They had only owned it for three years and had always wondered what the button was for.

It’s so nice when you get something extra. I didn’t realise until after I’d bought my beach it had a parking heater. :) Very happy when I realised I didn’t have to pay to get one installed!

I was on a site a few weeks ago talking to a couple with a very nice self build conversation, and happened to see the diff lock button on the dash, started talking 4 motion to which I was told its not a 4x4. I had a quick look underneath the back and asked well why do you need two extra drive shafts then ;).
They were well pleased. They had only owned it for three years and had always wondered what the button was for.

LOL that certainly trumps me!! Unbelievable that for 3 years they weren't aware!

Same thing happened to me in 2011 bought a 140 preregistration from listers ... but after buying some New older style sportline Alloys the twin 6spoke type I found out NO !!!!!
it’s a 180 so they didn’t fit the bigger brakes..bit of a bonus but my new wheels didn’t fit
I also thought it’s very nippy compared to my previous 130 ;)

Same thing happened to me in 2011 bought a 140 preregistration from listers ... but after buying some New older style sportline Alloys the twin 6spoke type I found out NO !!!!!
it’s a 180 so they didn’t fit the bigger brakes..bit of a bonus but my new wheels didn’t fit
I also thought it’s very nippy compared to my previous 130 ;)
Wow actually that's a good point. Im looking for some winter alloys and I hadn't considered that!

Wow actually that's a good point. Im looking for some winter alloys and I hadn't considered that!
As long as there 17” no smaller you’ll be fine the early sportline wheels We’re 18”but snagged on the spokes of the alloy wheels earlier sportlines had smaller brakes

I had a lovely surprise too.
Bought my T5.1, thinking it was EURO 5. When I bought the Crit'Air vignette for France 2 years ago, I found out my van was registered as EURO 4.
Now VW blames Belgium for that, and the instances in Belgium blame VW.
And I have the trouble.

Personally I would not be happy when we changed from out T5 180 I decided to give the issues with some 180 I would go for 150 T6 and avoid the more complicated 204 (as it was at the time) Are you sure you bought a real Cali not one of those claimed to be one as seen on eBay. Having said that I am glad you are happy with what you have,

Personally I would not be happy when we changed from out T5 180 I decided to give the issues with some 180 I would go for 150 T6 and avoid the more complicated 204 (as it was at the time) Are you sure you bought a real Cali not one of those claimed to be one as seen on eBay. Having said that I am glad you are happy with what you have,

Yup, the V5 and VW dealer have confirmed everything. Im happy as we usually travel with our 3 dogs and loads of kit so the extra power is useful.

At least now they know they can enter the “4Motion is better than 2WD” debate with as much gusto as many do haha

Back