Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A heads up, Waeco fridge stopped working, found internal wires detached.

hubert72

hubert72

Vehicle
T5 Beach
just thought I'd share in case someone else comes across this problem, found my Waeco fridge had stopped working, initially put it down to low voltage from liesure battery (which is a different issue) but tried it on mains voltage and found to be ok, checked the 12v power lead and all was ok, removed control panel to check and found the 12v internal wires from the back of the main connector block were both totally detached, looks like a bit of duff soldering from Waeco, they must have come off with vibration. Both wires had massive blobs of solder on the end but the terminals on the connector were as clean as a whistle. Soldered back on and all was ok. Not sure what the warranty was on the fridge but only had it less than 3 years. I took a picture of what I found when I looked into it. Hope it might help someone in the future.
.IMG_0870.JPG

Looks like a DIY bodge job. , clean off and fit two new spade terminals. Solder the joints. And insulate with tape. Make sure it's plugged in thr correct way round. May not matter. Use a meter. To check. If one side is earth
5 min fix.

12v wire on left is marked. 12v. Right is neg. black. So easy.

Might be good to just disconnect the batteries first.

Back