Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Feedback needed- for review video (Slidepod v Nest)

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I am working on a review video of the Slidepod and the Nest pod which we borrowed for 3 months.

V and I sat and had a chat about the features and what we liked (and didnt) and scored the pods and gave our general impressions.

My question is at present the full chat is about 45 minutes long. Probably way too long for the average attention span, so we were thinking of doing a short 10 min version and then a full length for those who want a bit more detail and indepth?

What do you think? Opinions welcome.

I am working on a review video of the Slidepod and the Nest pod which we borrowed for 3 months.

V and I sat and had a chat about the features and what we liked (and didnt) and scored the pods and gave our general impressions.

My question is at present the full chat is about 45 minutes long. Probably way too long for the average attention span, so we were thinking of doing a short 10 min version and then a full length for those who want a bit more detail and indepth?

What do you think? Opinions welcome.
All practical information is good, go for it.

Agree with the short and sweet.

Just go with the bit that describes standing outside in the crap weather with the tail gate open making a coffee with your Mrs shouting “why didn’t you just buy. ****in Ocean”

Haha fully answered in there Sidepod ;) mainly the answer to that is I didn't have another 20k lying about doing nothing. :0

I just can not get my head around how this is even a concept???

Ok, at a stretch I can understand the Beach, not my thing but hey, it suits lots of people.

The concept of these boot pod things is just retarded at best.

Anyone whose spent any time in a van in the UK will appreciate how cold/windy it gets with any door open. The idea of trying to make a morning cuppa under these conditions is just bonkers.

As stated before, try announcing to the Mrs that you’re about to remove all the appliances from the kitchen and put them outside on the patio. Then tell her if she wants to cook to leave the door open. Oh and don’t forget to add in the fact that all that nice storage space you’ve got around the house, she can’t use that anymore!!

How did the Pod ever get off the ground. It’s got to be up for a Darwin Award?

If you don't get it then you clearly aren't the target audience and probably camp all weathers, probably also not considering it isn't permanently in there ;) Some people think driving an old 80s or 90s van round is pretty silly but many of us do that too, each to their own. Most of the target audience use their van as a work vehicle in the week and want a camper at the weekend.

I had plenty of reservations too until I actually tried one and was waiting for a decent removable internal pod to come out. They are of course a fair weather solution as a rule (or you can just put up an awning and move it in there in about 30 seconds if you prefer). If I camp in winter I would usually eat out anyway, like most of us probably.

I make the morning cuppa inside my van, that is what Jetboils and AlpKit Brukits are for. ;)

I make the morning cuppa inside my van, that is what Jetboils and AlpKit Brukits are for. ;)

....so you carry another stove option for when you can't use the pod? This just gets better! Keep them coming.

Sorry, I really don't mean to take the p***, I'm just being a t**t today, i'll step away. :embarrased

LOL feel free, I am not worried ;)
I would use the alpkit even if I had a full Ocean stove, it boils the water so much faster its just quicker and packs away into a tiny pack.

Short and sweet, and usability. We have an Ocean because we are all-weather owners/users and could get one but we were seriously playing with the whole pick up truck/tent on the roof/back, and some sort of pull-out kitchen arrangement too. And we might still for different uses in the future when Mr Meerkat's hankering after a pick up becomes too strong to resist. Personally, I'm waiting for the Tesla pickup to come out!

Short and sweet, and usability. We have an Ocean because we are all-weather owners/users and could get one but we were seriously playing with the whole pick up truck/tent on the roof/back, and some sort of pull-out kitchen arrangement too. And we might still for different uses in the future when Mr Meerkat's hankering after a pick up becomes too strong to resist. Personally, I'm waiting for the Tesla pickup to come out!
We went the other way, Touareg, rooftent, cooking outside. to the Ocean, as basically the weather variations mean you can sit inside the van when it's raining as the rooftent means getting out, you can get changed in the van, but we do carry a small stove for frying etc. that is banned inside the ocean.

Video is almost done, in the end we went with a Slidepod vs Nest video, but we do have an awning for the less fair weather days

Back