Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slidepod for the VW California Beach

We are definitely going to be at the campout but wont get there until late on the Saturday afternoon as we have a childrens birthday party to attend and a demo pod being returned to the workshop.

We came down especially on Satuday to see the Slidpod in action but could not find you? We asked around but nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. Very dissapointed.

Sorry about that we were planning on going but Jane got called in for a night shift (shes a peadiatrian) and I had to have the kids. We will be at camperex this weekend at the bath and west showground which I could put you on my guest list for if your keen to see a pod.

Any ETA for a first picture of the inslide pod ? :) Anxiously awaiting...

Not as of yet I'm afraid. We are flat out in the workshop currently due to a supplier letting us down on a key component recently. Also we have to concentrate on the Kombi Slidepod, RIB Slidepod and our beach style conversion first.

Hi SlidePods,

Understand you're very busy - all respect! Seems like great quality and design makes a very successful business.

But it's this promise of quality and skill that makes me and probably others wait for the inslide pod. Could you try to give an updated, realistic timing/plan?

It's just that with summer approaching, I have to make plans and take some decisions, how much effort to spend on my self made ikea module..
Just a first draft so I can get an idea (functionally) if it's going to be a fit with how I want to use the beach...

It is possible that during May I might get a chance to make a start on an initial prototype realistically I would say once I start the prototype I will finalise the design within a month and launch it. Then the lead time would depend on our current bookings which I would guess would be a minimum of 6 weeks.

It is possible that during May I might get a chance to make a start on an initial prototype realistically I would say once I start the prototype I will finalise the design within a month and launch it. Then the lead time would depend on our current bookings which I would guess would be a minimum of 6 weeks.
Well. We are waiting a little bit.
Thanks.

Breaking News!!! Our Kombi Slidepod prototype is finished and is nearing the auto cad design stage (I obviously realise that this is of little interest around these parts). However due to our new demo van taking a little longer in the paint shop than we had anticipated it left us (for the first time in a long time) with a free afternoon today............. So we began making the first mock up of the "Inslidepod" hopefully we will have a working prototype within the next few weeks for anyone keen to see one :thumb

Breaking News!!! Our Kombi Slidepod prototype is finished and is nearing the auto cad design stage (I obviously realise that this is of little interest around these parts). However due to our new demo van taking a little longer in the paint shop than we had anticipated it left us (for the first time in a long time) with a free afternoon today............. So we began making the first mock up of the "Inslidepod" hopefully we will have a working prototype within the next few weeks for anyone keen to see one :thumb
Great! Look forward to see some pics!

We are trying to keep it as compact as possible to make it easier to move in and out of the van. This obviously means a compromise in internal space however we think we have managed to incorporate a 10 liter fresh tank, 10 liter grey tank, storage for portable gas stove, cutlary holder and a descent storage cupboard. We are also designing it so you can access all storage whilst the bed is down and so you can remove both tanks without having to move the pod to get them out of the back. Might even look into a fold up table to give extra workspace.

We are trying to keep it as compact as possible to make it easier to move in and out of the van. This obviously means a compromise in internal space however we think we have managed to incorporate a 10 liter fresh tank, 10 liter grey tank, storage for portable gas stove, cutlary holder and a descent storage cupboard. We are also designing it so you can access all storage whilst the bed is down and so you can remove both tanks without having to move the pod to get them out of the back. Might even look into a fold up table to give extra workspace.
Sounds good - I would be pleased to 'road test' the 'inslidepod' when its ready on my summer trip to Italy - i am the bloke who gave you the name

We’re also watching this with great interest and holding back from making a final decision on which pod to go for. Is there any chance of this being available to purchase before our main holiday to France and Italy at the end of August?

We’re also watching this with great interest and holding back from making a final decision on which pod to go for. Is there any chance of this being available to purchase before our main holiday to France and Italy at the end of August?

I would think so. I have to source the sink and tanks etc first though

Can I ask where slidepods are based if I wanted to have a look at one?
Are you planning to have a "multi slidepod" which can be rented out for a weekend to try?
I like the idea of the multi, as it should be able to make more use of the available space and reduce the overall weight (the multiflex board is surprisingly heavy).
I presume if the 3 seater bench is left pulled forward in the "bed"position, there would be some storage space between the slidepod and the back of the bench seat for storing luggage.

Hi Silver surfer sorry I missed your post. We are based in Devon just a few hundred yards from the A38 (just south of Exeter) you are more than welcome to rent a demo pod some time. Probably best to call me or email Tracey in our office at info@slidepods.co.uk

Its been ages since i posted up any pics of any slidepods that have been fitted into cali beaches to be honest we are so busy half the time i completely forget to take any photos at all. This one however was one of my favourite colour combinations of pod and van we have ever done so couldnt let it go without grabbing a few snaps of it.
20160715_160851.jpg 20160715_160858.jpg 20160715_160905.jpg

Its been ages since i posted up any pics of any slidepods that have been fitted into cali beaches to be honest we are so busy half the time i completely forget to take any photos at all. This one however was one of my favourite colour combinations of pod and van we have ever done so couldnt let it go without grabbing a few snaps of it.
View attachment 15353 View attachment 15354 View attachment 15355
Looks great, how's progress on the inside pod going?

And here's a bit of Slidepod attitude:

f4b5cbbfd5ad8dedfed8a5420ed6a13a.jpg

The Slidepod is a pretty wonderful thing - clever in concept, thoughtful in design and high quality in execution. Jonny and his team were very good to deal with to boot.

We took the van (and Slidepod) out this weekend for the first time in the New Forest. The Slidepod was the envy of the campsite, but most entertaining was the extent of comment we received as we prepared afternoon tea in a busy car park - the height of California civilisation!

Looks great, how's progress on the inside pod going?

at the moment pretty slowly.....
However my "to do" list is getting shorter.....
Design + Launch Kombi Slidepod........ TICK
Design + Launch Rib Slidepod .......... TICK
Design + Launch RIB Extra Slidepod...........designed but not launcheD
Design + Launch Slidepods "Beach Style" full conversion.............designed but not launched
Finish retro demo van for Busfest...... nearly done
Design + Launch Inslidepod.......... Inital MDF mockup is made..

Off on summer trip soon, insideslidepod for next season then?

Will be worth the wait if it's as good as the slidepods for quality and innovation , just make sure you keep it compact!

Looking at going down the Maxxcamp route now for our pod, anyone else purchased from Maxxcamp in the UK? I spoke to them yesterday and they are now looking for a UK agent

Back