Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Addblue

The 3 years Ive had my works van T6,......as soon as the indicator appears on the MFD, I fill it up to the max Every time with no issues!

I don't understand all the fuss about AdBlue. It is very straight forward, the dash display tell one how much to add, max and min amounts. Don't add more than the max - simples!
I don't also.
Fill up and sod off.

On the same isle as HGV diesel, yes.
Cross purposes I think as I was referring to Diesel pump nozzle NOT the Adblue one which is standard.
ie fill up with Adblue in HGV area then have to transfer to car area if diesel required.

Cross purposes I think as I was referring to Diesel pump nozzle NOT the Adblue one which is standard.
ie fill up with Adblue in HGV area then have to transfer to car area if diesel required.
Good question! I didn’t do the two things together ( I buy diesel from ASDA). I’ll check next time I go and report.

Good question! I didn’t do the two things together ( I buy diesel from ASDA). I’ll check next time I go and report.
HGV pumps deliver fuel at a much faster rate and usually Kiosk Operator won't turn the pump on.

I remember back in the early 90's with my first Diesel car having no option but HGV pumps. Not good being on business all suited and having oily shoe soles that weren't welcome on office carpets. Slipped off the brake pedal a few times which wasn't good for the heart rate in the fast lane at 70+. Forecourts are much cleaner now.

Have never seen an AdBlue pump at an ASDA serviced.

Camper has done very few miles (<500), consequently the AdBlue has not been used in any great quantity. The bulk of the remainder in the tank (c.6 /7 lts?) is 4 years old; should I pump it out and add new?

Camper has done very few miles (<500), consequently the AdBlue has not been used in any great quantity. The bulk of the remainder in the tank (c.6 /7 lts?) is 4 years old; should I pump it out and add new?
Good question. Some sources suggest Add Blue has a shelf life of 12 months in normal conditions: between -11 and +30c. This would suggest that the Add Blue in your tank could have deteriorated somewhat in the four years of no use. In 500 miles, you might still have 12L in your tank. In my non-professional opinion, there is a chance that your DPF system would be just fine, but the sensors are sensitive and a failure of any part of the system is expensive to repair. At the very least it would require diagnostics, which might be covered under warranty. I think in your case, I would attempt to withdraw as much of the existing Add Blue out of the system and then refill it with the same amount and see what the readout on the dash says after that. Otherwise, ask your local service centre for some help. Good luck.

I don't understand all the fuss about AdBlue. It is very straight forward, the dash display tell one how much to add, max and min amounts. Don't add more than the max - simples!
Same here it’s a simple process. Last year we were in Wester Ross / Sutherland, needed to Adblue, bought couple of 5 litre containers from a tiny petrol outlet, job done. Obviously the cost was greater which was understandable given were we were but we simply used the funnel supplied with the containers, no problem at all.

Another thought. There is a recall on the T6 I believe to have the DPF system updated and they offer free refills if you have it done. They might empty and refill your system if you have that done? Worth a try.

Jut o be clear, engine has 15k miles since new and only this year has limited use. I think I will pump out and replace AdBlue with new (I have an extraction pump to do this).
Good question. Some sources suggest Add Blue has a shelf life of 12 months in normal conditions: between -11 and +30c. This would suggest that the Add Blue in your tank could have deteriorated somewhat in the four years of no use. In 500 miles, you might still have 12L in your tank. In my non-professional opinion, there is a chance that your DPF system would be just fine, but the sensors are sensitive and a failure of any part of the system is expensive to repair. At the very least it would require diagnostics, which might be covered under warranty. I think in your case, I would attempt to withdraw as much of the existing Add Blue out of the system and then refill it with the same amount and see what the readout on the dash says after that. Otherwise, ask your local service centre for some help. Good luck.

The active ingredient of Adblue is urea. This is a stable molecule under normal conditions. If concerned suggest you could ask VW, I expect they will say replace, or for peace of mind replace anyway - as you say you are going to do, it's cheap enough.

@icic , a request - are you able to change the title of this thread to AdBlue? just to ensure that the thread comes up in user search?