Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

After market Cruise control

Can anyone recommend an installer for retro-fit cruise on facelift models in the south east? Preferably sussex?
Thanks Joe

joeaguilar said:
Can anyone recommend an installer for retro-fit cruise on facelift models in the south east? Preferably sussex?
Thanks Joe

Top of the page Joe, I said I'd take a look for you.

Just to update this, I have just got off the phone with someone who has fitted cruise control to their T5 GP and the coding can only be done through VAGCOM, and not through our VAS machines. If you try it with our VAS machines it will just put the vehicle back to standard and not allow the coding to be changed.

cheers

Interesting Alex. I only have VAGCOM (VCDS as it's now known) and not VAS or ODIS so I couldn't comment.

Wow fascinating thread! Found after a search.

Stu on top form.

I had Cruise control fitted to a Mk1 Leon yrs ago through a forum member with vagcom but have no idea how to do it myself.

The Cali I have a deposit on doesnt have cruise and id really like it.
Have to search for part numbers.

7E0 998 527 For Vehicles with MFSW

7E0 998 527 A For Vehicles without MFSW

The vehicle must have BCM 7H0 937 087/ 7H0 937 088 / 7H0 937 089 if it's 7H0 937 086 you will need to replace it.

The kit is for a LHD van so you must extend the wire in the supplied harness that runs to the ECU.

Stu said:
7E0 998 527 For Vehicles with MFSW

7E0 998 527 A For Vehicles without MFSW

The vehicle must have BCM 7H0 937 087/ 7H0 937 088 / 7H0 937 089 if it's 7H0 937 086 you will need to replace it.

The kit is for a LHD van so you must extend the wire in the supplied harness that runs to the ECU.

Thanks Stu,

Do you have access to check vin's to determine what BCM the vehicle has mate??

Not anymore mate, you'll need to get a dealer to have a look for you. I can 'build' a lookup file from the build sticker but you won't have that yet.

I think all the Cali's will have the 087 from what I've seen so far. :thumb

Sorry to bring an old thread back to surface.
I pick up my California Beach tomorrow which dosent have cruise control.

My dealer says it cant be fitted. Is the consensus it can be fitted using the LHD version?
Any dealers fitting this and what is the cost roughly...?

Many Thanks

Thanks will google tomorrow.
First thing I'm gonna add to this van :thanks

6 months old, 59 miles
Olympian Blue, alloys, climate control, front and rear parking sensors, fogs, sat nav, Bluetooth phone connection, 3 seat bench.

Yeah pretty excited. Roll on tomorrow.

We had it fitted to our '62 plate ex-demo Beach by West Yorkshire van Centre before we picked it up, so it can be done.

I had the dealer fit Cruise Control to the new Cali I picked up to day. It's a Liteon AP900 and is controlled from separate stalked attached to the steering column. I haven't tried it out yet but am a bit disappointed its not a genuine VW one controlled from the indicator stalk.

That's a shame. The guys at Richter told me that it's the same unit thats used in the Polo.

Code:
HistoryBob said:
I had the dealer fit Cruise Control to the new Cali I picked up to day. It's a Liteon AP900 and is controlled from separate stalked attached to the steering column. I haven't tried it out yet but am a bit disappointed its not a genuine VW one controlled from the indicator stalk.

That's not right, I wouldn't be happy with that.

Stu said:
Code:
HistoryBob said:

That's not right, I wouldn't be happy with that.

I was offered something this when I looked at a 140 Beach through another dealers. I wouldn't be happy either.

James

Had exact same story with my dealer using a cobra system. Decided against and have booked it in with Happy Dayz who say they replace the original stalk with a VW unit :thumb

Can't believe the dealers cannot complete this yet, very poor...!!!

Soulstyle said:
Had exact same story with my dealer using a cobra system. Decided against and have booked it in with Happy Dayz who say they replace the original stalk with a VW unit :thumb

Soulstyle said:

I believe it's down to coding the vehicle. When I spoke to SMG Tonbidge and asked about fitting cruise after they recommended using Hazzy Dayz as retrofit company. That way you got VW OEM.

James

Back