Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All new caddy california 2022

D

Dan and his van

Vehicle
Please Select
Just wanted to set up a new trail for if there any owners of the new caddy california to share any tips, trick hacks etc.
i‘ve recently taken ownership of mine. Love it so far after a couple of night away.

Would love to see some pictures
the only pic that Dan has got as of now here - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/hello.46514/#post-604147 :thumb

@Dan and his van , I think your's may be the first or the second one on here. Remember someone on here talking about a light green coloured one on here some time ago. Not sure if they were considering or had purchased it.

So, you need to take lots of pics and document it. It is definitely a great compact package.

Is that rear bed removable? If yes, then that makes for a great compact and flexible package!

Hi! I own one to and I'll have few question. Does enyone know where is location for leisure battery and inverter?

the only pic that Dan has got as of now here - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/hello.46514/#post-604147 :thumb

@Dan and his van , I think your's may be the first or the second one on here. Remember someone on here talking about a light green coloured one on here some time ago. Not sure if they were considering or had purchased it.

So, you need to take lots of pics and document it. It is definitely a great compact package.

Is that rear bed removable? If yes, then that makes for a great compact and flexible package!
hi kurienp, yes there are four clips which I think just release and the bed can come out, not tried it but looks pretty straightforward. The rear seats also come out so can be pretty versatile.

Hi! I own one to and I'll have few question. Does enyone know where is location for leisure battery and inverter?
Hi there, pretty sure it does not have a leisure battery, just runs off the main battery. If you mean the inverter socket it’s on the back of the armrest console between the two front seat, easiest to locate from the rear seats. Hope that makes sense.

Hi there, pretty sure it does not have a leisure battery, just runs off the main battery. If you mean the inverter socket it’s on the back of the armrest console between the two front seat, easiest to locate from the rear seats. Hope that makes sense.
It should have preparation for second battery as standard.

I meant where the inverter is physically located
I know that socket location
I thought that if it could be changed to bigger than 300w

I meant where the inverter is physically located
I know that socket location
I thought that if it could be changed to bigger than 300w
In the Transporter based California, on the T5.1, and later I believe, it is an integrated unit, socket and inverter in one unit.

T5.1 &T6 transporters the 150w inverter is built on the back of the socket. On the T6.1 and Crafter, it’s a 300w inverter with a seperate socket but only on about 150mm long set of cables.
The inverter itself is about 110mm square & 30mm thick & is fitted under the drivers seat with a fair bit of space round it presumably for cooling.

Under the drivers seat would be my guess as to location on a caddy.

I would purchase one if there was a leisure battery, hopefully VW change things up in the next upgrade. I don't fancy not being able to start the vehicle

A Bus and Beyond are doing a series of YT vlogs on a loaned Caddy Cali. They are encouraging questions so maybe they can provide some insights.

I would purchase one if there was a leisure battery, hopefully VW change things up in the next upgrade. I don't fancy not being able to start the vehicle
The configurator states that it comes with preparation for a second battery, hopefully that means its pretty simple to add one.
Our local dealer has one in the showroom, I might have a nose around next week when I'm over there.

that would be easily solved by means of a Jackery, Bluetty , Ecoflow and the likes. It would be even better as you could choose your desired power. Can take it outside the van, ready to be charged 12v, 230v or solar, already with an inverter and USB sockets.

that would be easily solved by means of a Jackery, Bluetty , Ecoflow and the likes. It would be even better as you could choose your desired power. Can take it outside the van, ready to be charged 12v, 230v or solar, already with an inverter and USB sockets.

Use a Jackory & thats 99% of your boot space gone, seems silly in such a small vehicle when there is space prepared under the drivers seat.

I was thinking of going the ecoflow, jackery route until Andy mentioned the preparation for second battery - which I don’t really know what that means, but will investigate before committing.

I don’t really think space would be an issue, I’ve removed the table and chair bag which is a really inefficient use of the space and there is a pretty large boot area And I’ve got the swb so in a maxi obviously there would be more room.

I was thinking of going the ecoflow, jackery route until Andy mentioned the preparation for second battery - which I don’t really know what that means, but will investigate before committing.

I don’t really think space would be an issue, I’ve removed the table and chair bag which is a really inefficient use of the space and there is a pretty large boot area And I’ve got the swb so in a maxi obviously there would be more room.
Power stations come in different sizes. The Ecoflow river Mini is 24,8 x 13,9 x 13,2 cm, very small.
I don't think there is a huge power need in such a relatively small vehicle. It would certainly be convenient to use a hidden space, on the other hand a portable device could be used outside. The Caddy Cali is more for living "outside", unlike a Cali who offers a living space inside, I think.

I think I was looking at the medium ecoflow, one where you could add another battery below As necessary. i think there is very little to power - just a small fridge.

its very much a camp outside or car camping plus vehicle, there is no inside living space beyond the bed which I really like, gets me outside

I've been offered an ex-demo Maxi version on a 22 plate in blue with 1200 miles for £38k cash. It has the glass pano roof and decent looking alloys too, and the photos make the boot look huge if you remove the table / chairs bag. I'm due to see it tomorrow, so will get some shots and report back if I can be tempted or not.

I think it looks great, I might have to downsize!!
If you watch the bus & Beyond video you can see that it’s only the inside space that’s smaller, the outside is almost as big!

Have you noticed a problem with the navigator?
If the traffic sign notice is on, then another sign will appear under the speed sign and only a small corner will be visible
Is this a feature or is it supposed to be this way?

Back