Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Autowatch Ghost

Not really the chance of it being stolen from a repair centre is minimal, most have not got one so where is the difference, most of the issues with the Ghost is putting in valet mode and then the garage not doing it correctly and not being able to work on it or test it ? And with labour rates over £100 i just thought it would make it easier
No doubt it also gets a 'courtesy wash' by a subcontractor with code passed on, no knowing who can then get it.

NO no need to pass code on ,just disabled whilst in for repairs? It was just a question i asked if it could be done

I’ve had a ghost ii for about 8 months now on my ocean, which is a daily drive. Entering the code is second nature and the valet mode had worked fine for me too. The wife hates it because she doesn’t drive the van often and usually forgets the code and then gets in a mess.

I have had an odd thing happen lately - I’m getting a stop start error, so the engine never stops (I know many would think this a bonus, but I’ve gone to terms with the stop start). I think it’s to do with the ghost because I got this error several times when the ghost was newly fitted and I’d forgotten to enter the code.

The problem has persisted over several weeks (ie many engine restarts) and I have tried putting it into valet mode too.

Anyone else experienced the like? Was wondering whether to get Carista or similar to read fault codes, as out of warranty.

Hi I've just googled Ghost fault and come across your post. We have exactly the same thing and it happens very intermittently and just happened again this morning. The engine management warning light comes on on the dash and the engine won't start. The only way to resolve it seems to be to take the key out, get out, lock the door and wait a bit. Even then it can take a few times for it to right itself and we too get the stop start error message. I have had the engine management system checked when it's been in for service and that's all fine so thinking it's something to do with the Ghost. I wondered if it is when you accidentally switch the engine off when it's in the stop phase of stop/start? This morning it happened when I was sitting in the van with the engine off but keys left in for a good while. I wondered if you got any further in your investigations? Thanks!

That's interesting as we have Ghost2 on the BMW Hybrid and as you can appreciate the engine and EV are in constant flux. As the engine doesn't need to start, i.e you can drive away on battery, the Ghost is set up to lock the gearbox.

Can you have a code to disarm it altogether, rather than valet code , and then when collect cali,turn it back on ?
Yes their is a process to disable it until the next time you want it active. To re-activate you simply enter your normal sequence. I got fed up of it on my fiesta and disabled it months ago, i found easier to fit & remove the stoplock.

I think I am having trouble with my Ghost, sometimes when engine is running the speedo jumps up, the cruise is flashing from speed to temp, and the last time the engine was running lumpy ? Spoke to the importer and fitter and they all say not ghost ( did i expect that , YES ) trying to them them to remove it so i can test over the next few months for peace of mind, but getting now where , they say they have never had one do this, there is always a first time for everything, they said if it was faulty would have shown up within the 1st few months, problem is I have only done 1500 miles last year so really need it out , the saga still goes on

Back