Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Autowatch Ghost

Just had the Ghost 2 installed Took maybe an hour or just over

Very impressive bit of kit for my peace of mind

I was toying with a tracker but TBH if it got nicked i would not want it back so steps to stop it getting nicked in the first place is my preference

Obviously if someone held a gun to my head for the button sequence they can have the bloody thing but other than that it should be staying with us and not some thieving scum bag

I had one of these fitted yesterday by Hazzy Dayz and we found a problem.
The phone app disables the immobiliser wether it’s turned on or off, and it remains connected to Bluetooth even if you turn Bluetooth off on the phone. This means the immobiliser is disabled when you think it’s active.
You actually have to restart the phone to disconnect it, and then we could not reconnect.
They have contacted auto watch to diagnose, but suspect a software conflict in IOS 13.

I had one of these fitted yesterday by Hazzy Dayz and we found a problem.
The phone app disables the immobiliser wether it’s turned on or off, and it remains connected to Bluetooth even if you turn Bluetooth off on the phone. This means the immobiliser is disabled when you think it’s active.
You actually have to restart the phone to disconnect it, and then we could not reconnect.
They have contacted auto watch to diagnose, but suspect a software conflict in IOS 13.

I was told by the installer when mine was fitted 6/7 months ago not to use the App because of the Bluetooth issue and the tools thieves have that can intercept the Bluetooth signal

I was told by the installer when mine was fitted 6/7 months ago not to use the App because of the Bluetooth issue and the tools thieves have that can intercept the Bluetooth signal
The owners manual states the Bluetooth signal is encrypted, so it should not be susceptible to interception.

Its not because of interception (not possible) but if they jump in the van as you get out the phone might be in there and it will start.

Its not because of interception (not possible) but if they jump in the van as you get out the phone might be in there and it will start.
Yes I’m sure that’s more of the reason or they break into the house and you’ve left your phone downstairs. Either way I think your just making yourself more vunerable using the App

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
They have up to 30 seconds to do this even without the app.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
can only say I was advised not to use the App, and to be honest I can’t really see the point of it. You get in, input your code and job done. No need for an App

My installer said exactly the same thing. Using the app is the Ghosts Achilles Heel.
I have never used it and don’t plan to. To be honest, it’s become second nature to insert the code before driving.

Step 1
Unlock van and climb in

Step 2
Insert code

Step 3
Fasten seat belt

Step 4
Turn ignition key and start vehicle

Takes 10 seconds...

When i asked about using the app i was advised not to on the basis of if someone nicks your phone they can then nick your van

Made sense to me

When i asked about using the app i was advised not to on the basis of if someone nicks your phone they can then nick your van

Made sense to me
Ok I’m convinced, even if I could get it to work I wouldn’t now, it’s convenient but not needed. Thanks for the feedback everybody.

My installer said exactly the same thing. Using the app is the Ghosts Achilles Heel.
I have never used it and don’t plan to. To be honest, it’s become second nature to insert the code before driving.

Step 1
Unlock van and climb in

Step 2
Insert code

Step 3
Fasten seat belt

Step 4

Takes 10 seconds...

I was told to turn on the ignition, wait till the Immobiliser Active warning came on press the 4 button code, watch for a small yellow warning circle to flash in the right speedo dial twice, turn off the ignition, turn it on again and start it.

Step 1
Unlock van and climb in

Step 2
Insert code

Step 3
Fasten seat belt

Step 4

Takes 10 seconds...
That’s what I do. I try to pull seat belt whilst keeping an eye for the dash board flashes. :thumb

I was told to turn on the ignition, wait till the Immobiliser Active warning came on press the 4 button code, watch for a small yellow warning circle to flash in the right speedo dial twice, turn off the ignition, turn it on again and start it.

You don’t need to turn off the ignition after inserting code...

That’s what I do. I try to pull seat belt whilst keeping an eye for the dash board flashes. :thumb

I’ve worked out, that by the time I’ve pulled and clipped the seat belt. The code is in and vehicle ready to start.
Must only be 5 seconds, if that.

That's only necessary if you get it wrong first time and stall the engine and need to reset.

Interesting, I haven't heard of this one before.
The valet mode seems a bit limiting, my dealers collect and return my Cali about 30 miles along the M6...
Can you change the code?
Hi, interesting that your dealer will collect your vehicle, presumably when it wants servicing, warranty work? We live in Staffordshire and bought our T6 Beach from VW van centre in Birmingham. I'm having to take some time off work on Monday to take it back to the dealer for some minor repairs, around 30 miles there. We having to then spend time in the city while we await the repairs.

Back