Votes: 2 66.7%
  • There is news of a new offer coming soon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jake Hawkes

Jake Hawkes

Vehicle
Just browsing
I live in the west just 5 hours from some of the most natural wonders in the world. The west was won in my backyard, but I have a young family and we need our comforts. I refuse to get some ridiculous
motorhome. I have considered may of the club wagons, not all but the just seem like such a slap on kit.

We live in the Teton Mountains less than a half hour from Yellowstone and within a days drive of Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and meh California (Ironic Right!?)

I have a young family and the California is the perfect vehicle for us.

I welcome any advice, info on owning one in America, or alternatives that have the fit and finish of this exceptional vehicle...

...we hired a California in Iceland for a month and fell in love!

Here is a photo of our backyard...
5.jpg

I live in the west just 5 hours from some of the most natural wonders in the world. The west was won in my backyard, but I have a young family and we need our comforts. I refuse to get some ridiculous
motorhome. I have considered may of the club wagons, not all but the just seem like such a slap on kit.

We live in the Teton Mountains less than a half hour from Yellowstone and within a days drive of Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and meh California (Ironic Right!?)

I have a young family and the California is the perfect vehicle for us.

I welcome any advice, info on owning one in America, or alternatives that have the fit and finish of this exceptional vehicle...

...we hired a California in Iceland for a month and fell in love!

Here is a photo of our backyard...
View attachment 30543
I’m afraid not.
But there seem to be a number of Class B Campervan’s available.

This looks interesting. https://www.modvans.com/

Doesn't the unavailability of 'light trucks' hark back to the Chicken tax of the 60s?

With the orange one's announcement today of more tariffs & trade wars it doesn't look likely that the Cali or other European camper vans will be available for you any time soon :(
(ps great looking backyard )

Can not get a new one in the UK at this time so in the US ???

To import one could be tricky, it would have to comply with US regs.
LH drives are set in Kms. You´d probably have to add the side reflectors too.
Not sure about crash tests ?

Ok, I know this is not a California, but it is the closest competitor to the California Ocean.

CamperVanLady

1y
This is what I am doing, which (I think) will create something similar to the result you are looking for. I live in CA.

Mercedes Benz makes a camper van in Europe called the Marco Polo. Pop top, sink, two burner stove, fridge. Sleeps 4 (two in pop top, two in bottom back seat which turns into a bed.)

The same van is sold in the US as the Metris. There is a guy in Sebastapol CA who buys the innards of the Marco Polo and ships them over in a container in sets of 10. He then puts them together.

My van was delivered bare bones on August 16th. I absolutely love it. Easy to drive and park and garage. It will be dropped off to be converted in October.

Back