Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So the journey begins..

Liking that, good to see a purposeful Cali!
May I ask your thinking as to why you didn't go oversized on the tyres typical of many of the seikel/terranger conversions?

Last edited:
Liking that, good to see a purposeful Cali!
May I ask your thinking as to why you didn't go oversized on the tyres typical of many of the seikel/terranger conversions?
Gearing, reduced braking, speed rating on the more aggressive BFG's, insurance......
Also it's not a competition vehicle so I will choose where I go and I'm sure these Lattitude Cross will be fine.

Why the breather cap?

The steels are now powder coated and fitted last weekend.
View attachment 22773 View attachment 22774 View attachment 22775
Hi,

The wheels look great! But as they are powder coated, if you haven't already done this, I'd recommend you do! The powder coat around where the wheel bolts are can soften with heat, and the bolts will undo themselves, I lost my front wheel because of this on my T2...

Just a friendly heads up, would hate it to happen to anyone.

Alistair

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I love this look! Alas my van won't fit under the house if it was much higher. I only have 70mm clearance.

The colour is cracking too!

Coast VW are down the road from me, I'm in Barnstaple

Alistair

I stayed with my folks who live in Landkey whilst Coast did the work.

Hi,

The wheels look great! But as they are powder coated, if you haven't already done this, I'd recommend you do! The powder coat around where the wheel bolts are can soften with heat, and the bolts will undo themselves, I lost my front wheel because of this on my T2...
Yea, I'm always checking wheel nuts...
Learnt about alloys in Morocco heating up in the day and shrinking at night.

Why the breather cap?
Over the years I have worked hard to keep my water containers clean and good for drinking water. One think that ruins them is stale water left behind that eventually goes mouldy.

After every use I rinse out the tank with a Milton solution then store it with the lid off and the drain open so it stays aired and dry.

So I purchased this £1 air vent so I can vent the fresh water tank on the cali when not in use whithout creatures climbing in...

I never saw those fuses , interesting thing....
:thumb

Hope they are 100% safe ?

They look like a good idea. Saves an awful lot of grief trying to identify if something isn't working and if so is it the fuse and which one. Shall have to look at these.

Mike

Is there a link for these, looks interesting...

Over the years I have worked hard to keep my water containers clean and good for drinking water. One think that ruins them is stale water left behind that eventually goes mouldy.

After every use I rinse out the tank with a Milton solution then store it with the lid off and the drain open so it stays aired and dry.

So I purchased this £1 air vent so I can vent the fresh water tank on the cali when not in use whithout creatures climbing in...
I just use this
Katadyn – Micropur Classic Water Purification (1,000 Litres)
available in Forum Shop, and have done for many years. Use with every refill. When emptied any water left behind still has the correct concentration present. Never get anywhere near 6 months before refilling for a trip.
The problem with Milton is it releases Chlorine to sterilise the water equipment. Once the Chlorine is gone then very easy to get contaminated again as no Chlorine present.

I just use this
Katadyn – Micropur Classic Water Purification (1,000 Litres)
available in Forum Shop, and have done for many years. Use with every refill. When emptied any water left behind still has the correct concentration present. Never get anywhere near 6 months before refilling for a trip.
The problem with Milton is it releases Chlorine to sterilise the water equipment. Once the Chlorine is gone then very easy to get contaminated again as no Chlorine present.
Hi,

I have purchased this a few weeks ago, glad it does the job, not used it yet though!

Alistair

Awesome. Your just trying to win the dirty Cali prize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro