Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

An Ocean disguised as a Coast

My t5.1 didn’t have them, the T6 that replaced it does. LED’s are better, but in normal road conditions both are fine. For a short time I had both Cali’s and created this comparison video so you can see the difference.

Standard/LED light comparison

If you like everything else on the vehicle and don’t live out in the back of beyond, then LED‘s are a nice to have. That said, only you will know if you’d forever have buyers regret if you bought one without LED’s. Your money, your choice.
So helpful, thank you!

Glad the info regarding the van history was useful.
No, my new Cali hasn't got LED lights. For me, buying a used van, LED lights were a "nice to have" rather than a "must have". I agree with Mr T regarding lighting, I'm in the leisure vehicle usage category and for me the standard lights were/are fine.
Incidentally, regarding the cambelt. One of the things that the dealer said to me during the inevitable valuation/ trade in negotiations was that they (VW Leeds) would have to put a new cam belt on before they sold it. in order to comply with the Das Welt Auto used warranty. Wonder if they did?

Good luck with your musings!!
They did indeed replace the cambelt and it had its ‘big’ service too. It’s a great van and a good price, I’m just sad it didn’t have the lights as it said. We live in the Peak District where country roads and poor lighting is pretty standard, hence why the best lights we could get were on our must have list. I’ll also be using it as my only car so it needs to be everything I need when not just on ‘holiday mode’. Hmmm, decisions!

They did indeed replace the cambelt and it had its ‘big’ service too. It’s a great van and a good price, I’m just sad it didn’t have the lights as it said. We live in the Peak District where country roads and poor lighting is pretty standard, hence why the best lights we could get were on our must have list. I’ll also be using it as my only car so it needs to be everything I need when not just on ‘holiday mode’. Hmmm, decisions!
Like anything else, it's what you get used to. I live in rural Dorset, terrible roads with no light, and find my T5.1 standard headlights just fine (the cornering foglights help).
Of course, they aren't as good as my wife's fancy active bending Volvo lights, but I can see perfectly fine for everyday commuting use.
200% better than my (now sadly departed) Jag XF halogen headlights, which were appalling even with ultrabright bulbs, and blew every couple of months...

Ocean = Kitchen,sink,cooker,fridge,wardrobe,electric roof, ect.
Coast= without the above !
simple !!
For me, im not keen on those 'cheep' stickers on the side of the California and if I did change for one in the future would most probably have them removed !
Don't forget: rear climate control for Ocean!

Now seen the vehicle on VW commercial site and it is an Ocean but with wrong stickers and nice vehicle it is, price is coming down too so keep watching price drop as new reg in March!

Now seen the vehicle on VW commercial site and it is an Ocean but with wrong stickers and nice vehicle it is, price is coming down too so keep watching price drop as new reg in March!
It’s gone :-(

Back