Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

and apologies for absence,,,

Yet again I am missing club meets etc..

Cancer, rather boringly, has returned.

I'm obviously not happy, it's facial so could be horribly horrible surgery.

Apologies if I am not my usual horrible self.

Sending you love and positive vibes from Dublin, Ireland xx

Bit late to the fair but just to say I'm so glad it was (fairly) good news and hope it keeps on that way. You really are so important to this forum of odd people who love their calis!

:thumb

Wishing you a speedy recovery GJ. I had something vaguely similar a couple of years ago - there was big hole in my face during the op, but the guy made a very nice job of it and it's now hardly visible. Good luck with your race too!

To add to the comments above wishing you a good a speedy recovery.

Bit late to the fair but just to say I'm so glad it was (fairly) good news and hope it keeps on that way. You really are so important to this forum of odd people who love their calis!

:thumb

Thank you Gran. I like being odd ... it makes us all interesting :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery GJ. I had something vaguely similar a couple of years ago - there was big hole in my face during the op, but the guy made a very nice job of it and it's now hardly visible. Good luck with your race too!

Thank you xx

Not sure about the race. I still feel as though there's a shed load of anaesthetic inside me, I feel great until I try to do something and then just inwardly collapse. However not turning up is to throw in the towel and I simply do not have enough towels to throw everywhere!

Thank you xx

Not sure about the race. I still feel as though there's a shed load of anaesthetic inside me, I feel great until I try to do something and then just inwardly collapse. However not turning up is to throw in the towel and I simply do not have enough towels to throw everywhere!
It takes a lot longer to get over an anaesthetic than people realise, especially if you are over 21.
Don‘t overdo it. There’s always the next marathon/half-marathon.

It takes a lot longer to get over an anaesthetic than people realise, especially if you are over 21.
Don‘t overdo it. There’s always the next marathon/half-marathon.

Thank you Paul xx

Your wise and informed opinion always gratefully received.

I have a two mile walk just to get to the start tomorrow. If I feel wobbly they may instead find themselves with one less competitor and one more Marshall.

I want to buy you a big and splendid glass of wine. So sorry to her your news.

Thank you but no need to feel sorry.

It was no where near as bad as was feared, easily dealt with by a first class health service that is a national treasure and the envy of most of the world.

I am indeed fortunate,

I’ve just checked in for my weekly dose of Cali....family indeed....and in reading all your news from 2.17am last sunday I’ve gone through every emotion!
i hope you’re sleeping better this week! It’s great to hear you’re still game for a run...an inspiration to us all.
Wishing you all the very best. You’ve a lot of admirers in this family...I feel you’re our matriarch! Keep strong...you give us all strength.

I too hope for a speedy recovery. All things you say that we are fortunate to live in a world where it’s basically free is so true.
I also refer to this forum to my family, two sons, 9 and 11, they always love to hear about your adventures and ideas. You sound like a truly decent person. Love from Sweden.

I’ve just checked in for my weekly dose of Cali....family indeed....and in reading all your news from 2.17am last sunday I’ve gone through every emotion!
i hope you’re sleeping better this week! It’s great to hear you’re still game for a run...an inspiration to us all.
Wishing you all the very best. You’ve a lot of admirers in this family...I feel you’re our matriarch! Keep strong...you give us all strength.

Matriarch? :shocked

Good grief ... Ive ben called many things.....

Thank you xx:)

Thank you John, I do appreciate that you have had many difficulties with your other half and always been so supportive xx I hope all Is well now
Ann is fine, we have just returned from 6weeks in France, Italy, Croatia only fell out once xxx

Well thank you everyone. It looks even more to be heading towards a happy ending, although the stuff I am shoving up my nose at present is not making me feel terribly brilliant ....

But yesterday?

I run my race, I had a ball, I felt totally alive and for anyone slightly interested BBC Radio will be interviewing me about it tomorrow morning...

but a nice happy pic to finish on ...

Thank you family, thank you xxxx

BH100.jpg

Last edited:
Well done!
you put me to shame! Dottie is begging me to stop work and play....I wish I could do this more....life’s too short.
great to here you’re enjoying the ride x

Well thank you everyone. It looks even more to be heading towards a happy ending, although the stuff I am shoving up my nose at present is not making me feel terribly brilliant ....

But yesterday?

I run my race, I had a ball, I felt totally alive and for anyone slightly interested BBC Radio will be interviewing me about it tomorrow morning...

but a nice happy pic to finish on ...

Thank you family, thank you xxxx

View attachment 52755
What a great photo Jen!

Been absent from here for ages … family commitments have taken over my life ...

Sorry to hear you've been through the mill - and glad to hear that you've been dealt with satisfactorily and are on the mend again. Reminds me I should get my running gear on and go out for a trot but oh! the weather here! Yuk. I'm going to light the fire, make a coffee and veg out instead.

Much love, xxx

Been absent from here for ages … family commitments have taken over my life ...

Sorry to hear you've been through the mill - and glad to hear that you've been dealt with satisfactorily and are on the mend again. Reminds me I should get my running gear on and go out for a trot but oh! the weather here! Yuk. I'm going to light the fire, make a coffee and veg out instead.

Much love, xxx

Dear Verity,

So lovely to hear from you, welcome back!

A bit of a Yo-Yo.

My appointment with the surgeon did not go as well as hoped. Further surgery now on the 5th and this time external on the most prominent part of my face so going to be looking a bit more battered.

Hey-ho, all is still good in the world. I will be running Goodwood 1/2 marathon the Sunday afterwards so I'm the lucky one!

I hope all is brilliantly good at your end!

Dear Verity,

So lovely to hear from you, welcome back!

A bit of a Yo-Yo.

My appointment with the surgeon did not go as well as hoped. Further surgery now on the 5th and this time external on the most prominent part of my face so going to be looking a bit more battered.

Hey-ho, all is still good in the world. I will be running Goodwood 1/2 marathon the Sunday afterwards so I'm the lucky one!

I hope all is brilliantly good at your end!
Jen, this is turning out to be your marathon, and you are doing an inspiring job of running it. We'll see you at the winner's circle!

Back