Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anybody received a Beach with the 'comfort dash' yet?

Rhyddin

Rhyddin

A T6 Beach, named Dory
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just intrigued to find out if any Beaches with the optional comfort dash have landed yet?

I have added this option and am excited to see what gets carried over from the Ocean dash. I'm assured the blinds don't, but I'm not too concerned about that (having inadvertantly broken a set in a showroom Ocean within 2 minutes of getting in the van - be careful with the springy holder bits behind the rear view mirror!). It would be good to see if everything else is the same or if there's any noticeable difference between the two.

A black interior is an option in the Beach, of course, so the comfort dash in an appropriately 'specced' Beach will be the first time that we'll see what the upgraded dash looks like in all black, as opposed to half grey in an Ocean. I think that's the case, anyway?

It might be too early for deliveries but thanks in advance.

Actually, thanks to Yorkdubshire for taking some photos on his thread, 'California beach starlight blue, of the interior of the Caravelle Generation 6. Apart from the red interior trim, this shows exactly what the comfort dash looks like in black. Looks great, by the way! Very car-like.

Still like to see a Beach with the comfort dash though.

Me too. I have ordered it on my Beach (with black trim), but have not seen any identical photos on the web.

Me too. I have ordered it on my Beach (with black trim), but have not seen any identical photos on the web.
Have a look at the photos on the thread mentioned above - the comfort dash in the Caravelle looks great in black (just imagine the red bits to be considerably less red!).

Where is this option on the price list? I cant find it. How much is it?

£1020 + VAT. Includes upgrade to Climatronic.

Not on the pricelist but when i asked the dealer he was able to add it as an option.

Very interested in adding this option, does anyone know if along with the dash upgrade would this also add the larger 6.33 display? As this is standard on the ocean with this dash.

I have only ordered the standard display but would be nice to have the bigger screen for my rev camera . This would certainly make the comfort dash a no brainer and money saver if you also get the climatronic air con.

We collect ours with the comfort dash on the 5th so I'll post a photo then unless someone beats me to it. I never got an answer from the dealer on whether the pull out blinds are there but don't really want them anyway as they look a bit fragile and let in a lot of light.
I may be wrong but I think you have to spec the upgraded Discover media unit to get the comfort dash. We are getting this anyway so it wasn't an issue for us, likewise we wanted the climatronic aircon. The dash works out expensive if you don't really want these items but relatively cheap if you do.

Very interested in adding this option, does anyone know if along with the dash upgrade would this also add the larger 6.33 display? As this is standard on the ocean with this dash.

I have only ordered the standard display but would be nice to have the bigger screen for my rev camera . This would certainly make the comfort dash a no brainer and money saver if you also get the climatronic air con.

The 6.33 composition media screen isn't standard on the Ocean - it's a £162 option (or £396 in a beach)

If you order the comfort dash on the Beach, you also have to order the 6" screen at the additional option cost. The 3zone climate is included. So the total cost for the different Dash, 3 zone climate and 6" screen is around £1500 - £1600.(from memory).

The comfort dash and the upgrade to the Composition media with 6.33" screen is £1,416 + VAT. If you added the media upgrade and Climatronic without the dash upgrade, it would be £1,056 + VAT.

It all comes down to whether you think the £360 (+ VAT) difference is worth it. I obviously thought it was but that's the beauty of being able to spec your own vehicle! Will it influence a buyer when I move it on? Who knows, as there will always be some who prefer the more utilitarian design of the standard dash.

2haw, Spec it for what you want it to be. Sit in a Caravelle or Ocean and then in a Beach or Multivan and see which you prefer.

Can't wait to see your photos, Archie!! Yours might be the first in the UK, as I haven't seen or heard of any others before April, even from the dealers.

Mines at the docks!
I ordered my 150 DSG Beach with the comfort dash!

Our dealer sent me a walk around video of our new van yesterday that he had kindly done. The picture quality wasn't the best but it allowed me to confirm that we have the correct colour interior, comfort dash is fitted c/w discover media unit and looks good, the Ocean windscreen blinds are definitely not fitted which I'm happy with, and the comfort mattress takes up even more room on the shelf than I remembered! 4 more sleeps to go! I'll post photos of the dash over the weekend.

Brilliant! Looking forward to seeing them.

Don't be shy - take lots!!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Rhyddin
Just for you, don't get too excited now.......
Very pleased with the van including the dashboard. Still figuring out the discover media unit with app connect but can't currently register with carnet so we don't have all the functionality yet.
I can't recall if there is any difference between this comfort dash and the Ocean one. Maybe someone with an Ocean can spot any differences. The main thing that I thought we were getting but didn't is the USB in the central compartment where the cig lighter is, which would have been handy. Ours is in the upper glove box.
The dash materials feel and look much better quality than the door interiors which I suspect is downgraded materials that have been used on the beach. Our old SE doors were better quality.

View attachment 12354 View attachment 12355 View attachment 12357 View attachment 12358 View attachment 12359 View attachment 12360 Rhyddin
Just for you, don't get too excited now.......
Very pleased with the van including the dashboard. Still figuring out the discover media unit with app connect but can't currently register with carnet so we don't have all the functionality yet.
I can't recall if there is any difference between this comfort dash and the Ocean one. Maybe someone with an Ocean can spot any differences. The main thing that I thought we were getting but didn't is the USB in the central compartment where the cig lighter is, which would have been handy. Ours is in the upper glove box.
The dash materials feel and look much better quality than the door interiors which I suspect is downgraded materials that have been used on the beach. Our old SE doors were better quality.
Amazing! Thanks so much - it looks brilliant!

I did wonder about the USB location, as it happens. Don't suppose it matters too much but I agree that that it would have been handier in the middle. This guarantees that I won't be tempted (able) to touch my phone on the move, which is a good thing. As long as the Apple CarPlay works, then I'll be happy - I assume it works through the USB in the left glove box?

I take it the ocean is the only dash you get the USB in the centre console then? Seems a bit petty of VWimage.jpeg

Ordered a beach and was told that the comfort dash is not an option!

It wasn't, but has been for a few weeks now. I recently had a dealer struggle to find the option on their system, but it is there!

I take it the ocean is the only dash you get the USB in the centre console then? Seems a bit petty of VWView attachment 12374
Hi. You can opt for 2 USBs and then, assuming you have ordered the comfort dash, one of them would likely be in the centre console.

I heard from the dealers that the USBs are no longer free, however many you have. 1 was free when I ordered just 2 months ago but not sure now? You need at least 1 for App Connect, which I think is a must.

You just don't know what is or isn't coming or available from one day to the next!

According to the UK pricelist there should be 2 USB sockets with App Connect. Dunno where they are located?
It is a bit vauge formulated:
App-Connect. Only in combination with Composition Media DAB+ radio system with 6.33" touch-screen and 2 USB interfaces (also for iPod/iPhone) and AUX-IN jack or USB interface (for iPod/iPhone) and AUX-IN jack at an additional cost.
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/media/2483319/california_t6_pl.pdf

"Additional cost"? Isn't that what the pricelist is for?

In the German pricelist something called "Mobile preparition Comfort" is uncluded with 2 USB iterfaces.
Is that it? Comfort for the phone?

According to the UK pricelist there should be 2 USB sockets with App Connect. Dunno where they are located?
It is a bit vauge formulated:
App-Connect. Only in combination with Composition Media DAB+ radio system with 6.33" touch-screen and 2 USB interfaces (also for iPod/iPhone) and AUX-IN jack or USB interface (for iPod/iPhone) and AUX-IN jack at an additional cost.
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/media/2483319/california_t6_pl.pdf

"Additional cost"? Isn't that what the pricelist is for?

In the German pricelist something called "Mobile preparition Comfort" is uncluded with 2 USB iterfaces.
Is that it? Comfort for the phone?
The 2 X USBs don't come with App Connect but you need to spec them for it to work, which makes separating the options a bit ludicrous. It can work with just 1 USB though, I'm assured by my dealer.

Perhaps we can get a confirmation of this, @Archie?

Back