Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anybody received a Beach with the 'comfort dash' yet?

The 2 X USBs don't come with App Connect but you need to spec them for it to work, which makes separating the options a bit ludicrous. It can work with just 1 USB though, I'm assured by my dealer.

Perhaps we can get a confirmation of this, @Archie?
We ordered App connect and only have the one USB and aux in. We didn't get enough time to play with it properly at the weekend so I can't say what works and what doesn't at the moment without the carnet registration. I'll report back at the weekend on what we have found.

We ordered App connect and only have the one USB and aux in. We didn't get enough time to play with it properly at the weekend so I can't say what works and what doesn't at the moment without the carnet registration. I'll report back at the weekend on what we have found.
Please do. You should just be able to plug an apple or android phone and the appropriate car software should automatically launch. Hope so, anyway!

Ooh, very snazzy

It wasn't, but has been for a few weeks now. I recently had a dealer struggle to find the option on their system, but it is there!
It must have been visible for quite some time if there are examples being delivered?

The 2 X USBs don't come with App Connect but you need to spec them for it to work, which makes separating the options a bit ludicrous. It can work with just 1 USB though, I'm assured by my dealer.

Perhaps we can get a confirmation of this, @Archie?
App connect works with just one USB. Is that the query?

App connect works with just one USB. Is that the query?
It is! Good to have confirmed by a user

Long time, no chat, Daveyboy. How's your first 6 weeks (ish) of Beach ownership been?

Last edited:
Is it! Good to have confirmed by a user

Long time, no chat, Daveyboy. How's your first 6 weeks (ish) of Beach ownership been?
Hi Rhyddin,
Have done nearly 3000miles and gone nowhere! must mean I like driving the van then!
Love ownership. Can't wait to get away for a couple of nights with the kids over easter and see the van do it's thing.
Still brings a smile to my face each time I climb in.
Family day trips have been so good. A grey miserable day doesn't stop us getting out and about.
Even lunchtimes at work on my own with the table up are brilliant.
The beach is so versatile and so spacious.
Glad I went for 150. Just the right amount of power to shift the size and weight of the vehicle. Any more and I'd be tempted to race at lights etc!
Hoping to get my first rental soon because I can feel myself getting rather attached and in danger of becoming sentimental about old yellow!

How many more weeks do you have to wait?

Hi Rhyddin,
Have done nearly 3000miles and gone nowhere! must mean I like driving the van then!
Love ownership. Can't wait to get away for a couple of nights with the kids over easter and see the van do it's thing.
Still brings a smile to my face each time I climb in.
Family day trips have been so good. A grey miserable day doesn't stop us getting out and about.
Even lunchtimes at work on my own with the table up are brilliant.
The beach is so versatile and so spacious.
Glad I went for 150. Just the right amount of power to shift the size and weight of the vehicle. Any more and I'd be tempted to race at lights etc!
Hoping to get my first rental soon because I can feel myself getting rather attached and in danger of becoming sentimental about old yellow!

How many more weeks do you have to wait?
Still on a provisional build week 14 so, hopefully, it will be well under way a month from now with delivery towards the end of May.

It's a painful wait! Bought a topper, one of those screens that your van is wearing on eBay, a bungee, some mats from Germany and I'm always looking at wheels I don't need. I've lost count of how many times I've added something to the order - right up until Guy warned me that any more changes might move the build week, that is! I guess I'll have to make do without heated washers. ;)

Hi

Hi @2haw, has it arrived at the dealers yet? Any photos to share?
The dealer has it in stock now, but when I ordered (mid Dec) I was told an anticipated delivery in late April. Once I've sold one of our cars, I should pick it up. Hopefully in a couple of weeks before Easter. My salesman has also left and the paperwork is not matching up with what I agreed, so I may not pick it up at all!!

The dealer has it in stock now, but when I ordered (mid Dec) I was told an anticipated delivery in late April. Once I've sold one of our cars, I should pick it up. Hopefully in a couple of weeks before Easter. My salesman has also left and the paperwork is not matching up with what I agreed, so I may not pick it up at all!!
That all sounds a little less than ideal. Hope you get it sorted!

That all sounds a little less than ideal. Hope you get it sorted!
Me too! Also complicated by getting a plate off my partners Touran!
Like you, I've bought a couple of bits, some 17" Davenports and some side bars! I maybe putting them both on eBay in a couple of weeks!

The comfort dash on my Beach that I should be picking up on Friday.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A photo of the Ocean dash in the showroom.

It seems the comfort dash on the Beach comes with a Matt plastic surround around the storage compartment and gearshift surround.

image.jpeg

A better photo of the Ocean dash. I much prefer the look of the gloss surround to the Matt black one on my Beach.

image.jpeg

Even though I paid extra for the App connect and USB connection, I too did not get one in the small compartment next too the Gearstick. I have one located in the glovebox which seems a silly place to put it if you ask me!

image.jpeg

its very odd that they went with a matt surround to the gear and centre console, because it does not match the piano black gloss elsewhere. Not sure what they were thinking to make such a small and truly pointless change on the Beach dashboard....

View attachment 12354 View attachment 12355 View attachment 12357 View attachment 12358 View attachment 12359 View attachment 12360 Rhyddin
Just for you, don't get too excited now.......
Very pleased with the van including the dashboard. Still figuring out the discover media unit with app connect but can't currently register with carnet so we don't have all the functionality yet.
I can't recall if there is any difference between this comfort dash and the Ocean one. Maybe someone with an Ocean can spot any differences. The main thing that I thought we were getting but didn't is the USB in the central compartment where the cig lighter is, which would have been handy. Ours is in the upper glove box.
The dash materials feel and look much better quality than the door interiors which I suspect is downgraded materials that have been used on the beach. Our old SE doors were better quality.
Hi, Is the multi function steering wheel included, or is it priced separately? I have just placed my order for a Beach, and the dealer thinks it is a stand alone option.

Hi, Is the multi function steering wheel included, or is it priced separately? I have just placed my order for a Beach, and the dealer thinks it is a stand alone option.
Definitely a stand alone option. It is included with the Adaptive Cruise Control option but not with the standard cruise control and definitely not with neither.

Back