Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone have this happen

How well do you know this geyser that worked on the roof?, might just have come away due to rusting but might have got ripped out with an over enthusiastic attempt to remove the seized bolt if that roof needed to be removed for some reason , just saying
It had crossed my mind but I do know him well, I had both rams done last year by someone else and it could have happened then

In addition to all that suggested above, I would:
1. the nut and bolt look rusted. that rust may be there on the roof panel where the nut/bolt perches. I would take off as much of the fitments in that area to look under.
2. Treat all areas around it with rust remover and then rust proof that area depending on the kind/type of metal where that nut perches.
3. Either weld or epoxy (choose the easiest method, most probably epoxy) the nut to where it belongs wait for it it to cure and then clean all parts and assemble everything back.

Cleaning the existing areas correctly will be very important for a good fix/solution.
some really good advice thanks

Snap! Quite literally! How did you get on @deltheblue - I’m really interested to know if you found a successful solution. Thanks in advance

View attachment 128930
Hi I bought s strong epoxy cant remember the brand, I undid the nut from the bolt and cleaned it up, I cleaned around the hole and filled it with the epoxy and inserted the nut into hole, I cleaned what epoxy I could out of the middle of the nut and thread and waited 24 hours, then bolted it back up been fine since

Hi I bought s strong epoxy cant remember the brand, I undid the nut from the bolt and cleaned it up, I cleaned around the hole and filled it with the epoxy and inserted the nut into hole, I cleaned what epoxy I could out of the middle of the nut and thread and waited 24 hours, then bolted it back up been fine since
Thanks for the quick reply. That’s great to know and more straight forward than I was thinking it might be. I’ll try the same over the coming weeks and update. Cheers

If you’re looking for a good epoxy ‘JB Weld’ is excellent. I use it when rebuilding engines.

Thanks for the quick reply. That’s great to know and more straight forward than I was thinking it might be. I’ll try the same over the coming weeks and update. Cheers
Good luck mate I made sure the whole area was completely dry I forgot to mention

Back