Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ECU Issues

D

Doyle17

Hi all, i have a problem that has left my Air con unit having to be replaced as it burnt out and the issue after every other possibility has been ruled out (apart from replacing the sensors at the top and bottom of the engine) it looks as though the ECU might be to blame. has anyone experienced this before and if so have any ideas on potential solutions as a new ECU has been quoted at over £1k.
Thanks

Would need a lot more information to offer an opinion other than an air con unit that has packed up and now it needs an ECU. What is the actual problem, when does it occur etc...

cheers

the problem is that the fan on the van runs constantly and never switches off no matter what you do with the heater unit etc. when sent to the mechanics they initially looked at the air con unit which wasn't working and after inv realised it had burnt out. It was replaced but the issue continued so they followed they trail up the line and realised that it wasn't anything until they got to the ECU that they think it is that. they are swapping over the sensors at he top and bottom of the engine in the hope that it may be that but if not then we will need to consider either an ECU rebuild or a replacement. i am not sure what option is best so am looking form some advice on if an ECU can be rebuilt or not if not then what is the best option for a replacement.

Thanks
Emerson

You may be able to get the ECU repaired. We had one similar and replaced three temperature sensors which cured the issue.

cheers

thanks i will have a look into that. do you recommend anyone as i am based in the Channel Islands and we have no VW commercial centre on the island.

Driving home from a trip in our T6 last week the coil indicator light started flashing amber whilst driving. I pulled over and stopped. When started again the light no longer flashing. Drove home and checked the manual which suggests drive to nearest dealer to have checked out. I did this and left the Cali with the dealer. They have told me it is a faulty ECU and it needs replaced. The van is only 5 months old and we have only done 5000 miles. I was a bit shocked that this was the issue. Anyone else experienced similar? I know it will be covered by warranty, but does anyone know if you get a replacement part is it also covered by the extended warranty (I bought the 5 year plan), or will it just come with the replacement part warranty?

That's a good question I would hope it would be for the duration of your warranty but I'd ask your dealer for confirmation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back