Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

Still way too expensive for what it is!! I paid £59k for a 1 Yr old coast in 2022. I paid £40k for a 6month old Beach (with a lot of options in 2019)...

Whatever we all think the proof will be in the eventual selling price but as that will never appear on Zoopla I doubt that we will ever know.

Asking prices remain firm but given its June is it usual to have over 40 Californias for sale on this site?

I'd expect a very slight dip in California values followed by some recovery after they stop making the T6.1 and the new version is another £10k extra on top to buy new.

Ad soon as you can see the band wagon it is too late and u stick by my views that they will fall fairly significantly. Don't doubt they'll outperform the car market but the trajectory if the last few years is not sustainable and the market is saturated in general.

Ad soon as you can see the band wagon it is too late and u stick by my views that they will fall fairly significantly. Don't doubt they'll outperform the car market but the trajectory if the last few years is not sustainable and the market is saturated in general.
Let's see what VW brings out later this summer as the replacement for the t6.1, then we can argue about crashing residuals. Personally I see them remaining strong for at least another 5 years, or until the gov makes continued diesel use uneconomical with expanding ULEZ's and punitive fuel duties.

Anyone who believes this is sustainable is deluded.

Agree,
A lot has changed from 2014, most notably the end of cheap money.
Just ask anyone in the housing market. Toughest it’s been for 20 years, lots of investors dumping stock and house moving/selling slower than ever…

I think prices should be
Agree,
A lot has changed from 2014, most notably the end of cheap money.
Just ask anyone in the housing market. Toughest it’s been for 20 years, lots of investors dumping stock and house moving/selling slower than ever…

I listed my house in the South of England recently and got 3 cash offers above the guide price from the 1st day viewings.

I’d reason that Cali prices and house prices in my area should be falling.

However there are always exceptions to the rule and certain items / areas buck the trend.

I think prices should be

I listed my house in the South of England recently and got 3 cash offers above the guide price from the 1st day viewings.

I’d reason that Cali prices and house prices in my area should be falling.

However there are always exceptions to the rule and certain items / areas buck the trend.

I was working in an estate agent office last week and the guy there said it’s the worst he’s ever known the industry.
Very much a buyers market.

I was working in an estate agent office last week and the guy there said it’s the worst he’s ever known the industry.
Very much a buyers market.
Selling prices are crazy in the cairngorms, loads of offers on little cottages and going 20%-30% over the offers over.
I do agree that used vehicle prices are dropping, also seen a few dealers dropping prices of new camper vans too!

Surely what happens in the housing market doesn’t necessarily reflect in the leisure vehicle market? There does seem to be an obsession with the value of things - constantly.
Maybe people are just happy with their house but still want to spend on their free leisure time, holidays, we’ll-being, etc. Enjoy life and all that!

Surely what happens in the housing market doesn’t necessarily reflect in the leisure vehicle market? There does seem to be an obsession with the value of things - constantly.
Maybe people are just happy with their house but still want to spend on their free leisure time, holidays, we’ll-being, etc. Enjoy life and all that!
Lots of people have been doing equity release either remortgage or older folks have been jumping at the company equity release offers of 2.5% until you pop off! Those deals are long gone and if house prices tumble it will have a knock on effect.
Plus there was the pandemic what made people not worry as much about saving for future and very low interest rates made people not want to bother to save.
Diesel vehicles are being killed off so £170k RP rebellion or a cali £80k is a lot of cash.
I don’t think used calis will drop like a stone but they will be worth less than new ones. They will probably drop back to 2014-2017 percentage lower than new (% not old prices).
Just my view.

Last edited:
Back