Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

Until it lands we wont have the consignment note which valuates the prices.

Their response

Any advantages going with dealer over dtd…?
I’m going to order new, just waiting to hear final details of the Surf model.
I rang around 8 different dealers.
Some close, Droitwich, Birmingham, Liverpool, Swansea and some very far away, just to see if they would match DTD. None would.
So DTD won my business. Droitwich and Birmingham will service it as they are the closest.
I doubt I’ll get any preferential treatment just because I didn’t buy it there….

I rang around 8 different dealers.
Some close, Droitwich, Birmingham, Liverpool, Swansea and some very far away, just to see if they would match DTD. None would.
So DTD won my business. Droitwich and Birmingham will service it as they are the closest.
I doubt I’ll get any preferential treatment just because I didn’t buy it there….

Thanks bud, good to know.
I won’t waste my time with the dealers. Ive never had a discount from Worcester/Droitwich, even after buying two vans from them in the past.

The decision between the Surf and Ocean will all come down to whether the Parking Heater is standard. If it’s not, to me the Ocean is the better bet.

Awning, 17” Wheels, Privacy and no doubt a few other bits all standard.
Using the DTD configurator you can work out what isn't fitted if it appears as an option.

Options on the Surf include:
Awning £742
17" wheels (Davenports) £780
Privacyglass £402
Discover media £948

There is no mention of a parking heater so would hope its included.

Adding those few bits erodes the price difference between a surf & an Ocean of £5k down to £2k.

I also havn't seen anything Confirming its a manual roof!

Using the DTD configurator you can work out what isn't fitted if it appears as an option.

Options on the Surf include:
Awning £742
17" wheels (Davenports) £780
Privacyglass £402
Discover media £948

There is no mention of a parking heater so would hope its included.

Adding those few bits erodes the price difference between a surf & an Ocean of £5k down to £2k.

I also havn't seen anything Confirming its a manual roof!
Also no mention in the VW model spec comparison sheet that the parking heater was included.

I suspect DtD are somewhat guessing?

Also no mention in the VW model spec comparison sheet that the parking heater was included.

I suspect DtD are somewhat guessing?

Unless they have some inside info…?
But all of the above in Andy’s post can be added, I wouldn’t bother with the wheels because i definitely want after market with this van.

Unless they have some inside info…?
But all of the above in Andy’s post can be added, I wouldn’t bother with the wheels because i definitely want after market with this van.
If its got the parking heater, along with the confirmed 3 zone and LEDs, then it’ll be a winner.

The only other things are fogs? Always finish off the front and are expensive option on the Beach.

It’s good that it’s got the Ocean full chrome grille.

We probably should have been guessing the Surf Spec in the Surf thread.

Sorry all.

@2haw absolutely spec the fogs. Makes all the difference to the front end.
I’m sure it comes with analog clocks instead of digital dash too. Which I favour.

Just did another webuyanycar.
Increased £3k in 1 week.
So not crashing, as spring is coming.

It makes no difference . VW Commerical offered an amazing deal last year for a 2 year warranty, service plan & VW assist on California under 6 years. It wasn’t specific to a dealer.
Maybe so, but it might be if your local dealer considers you as a non- customer to be an inconvenience / low priority over those that spent their hard earned with them.

Maybe so, but it might be if your local dealer considers you as a non- customer to be an inconvenience / low priority over those that spent their hard earned with them.
The dealers don't make that much selling a vehicle, they hope that you will
always maintain the vehicle with them, that's where they earn.

Have never found this with our local dealers. They are pleased to regularly service our vehicles & do any warranty repairs. Never made to feel a non customer or a low priority.

The dealers don't make that much selling a vehicle, they hope that you will
always maintain the vehicle with them, that's where they earn.

Last time I had anything done on mine, labour rates were £125 an hour…
Against local garage £50, hence I never went back.

Have never found this with our local dealers. They are pleased to regularly service our vehicles & do any warranty repairs. Never made to feel a non customer or a low priority.

Agreed, in reality the sales team and service departments are separate business units with their own KPIs, so neither really cares what the other is doing!

Agreed, in reality the sales team and service departments are separate business units with their own KPIs, so neither really cares what the other is doing!
Yes but this not a good reason why both teams should not look after and be helpful to the customer, doesn't matter, all company representatives have a duty to be helpful. That care brings repeat customers and good business reputation. It should be on everyone's KPI's.
I had it once sold the sales team didnt answer emails, very easy to say we cannot help but I have passed you onto the correct person who will get in touch. It took turning top in person to get a response, needless to say I dint use them.
It's just good customer care.

@2haw absolutely spec the fogs. Makes all the difference to the front end.
I’m sure it comes with analog clocks instead of digital dash too. Which I favour.
Fogs are not on the option list, I'm sure it is the analogue dash as it mentions chrome bezels.

Fogs are not on the option list, I'm sure it is the analogue dash as it mentions chrome bezels.

You could be right. That’s something easily added, my intention would be to do something with the front end anyway. I’ve never been a fan of the factory styling.
I watched this today, which was interesting.

It won't be long until the dealers will be pre registering them as the factory has massively ramped up production and orders are down....

LBC radio has been carrying adverts voiced by Robert Webb specifically for the VW California.

This suggests a more lively market for VW to compete in.

Back