Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are We Mad??

Sounds like the exact same spec as ours, engine colour, etc, we went for the larger tank and the standard 17 Davenport wheels, will see if we change them in time for different tyres and wheel size, not that impressed with wheel choice. Pick our T6.1 up first weekend in September and VERY excited, our first California. Hopefully you will not have to wait as long as we have, over 6 months
I bet you cant wait, we have been given a date of 18th Dec, just hope it arrives before Jan as have told the dealer I am not paying 10% import duty!

Sounds like the exact same spec as ours, engine colour, etc, we went for the larger tank and the standard 17 Davenport wheels, will see if we change them in time for different tyres and wheel size, not that impressed with wheel choice. Pick our T6.1 up first weekend in September and VERY excited, our first California. Hopefully you will not have to wait as long as we have, over 6 months

How exciting - nearly September! Ive just seen youre based in Essex too - can I ask which dealer you used as thinking I may have to make a trip to Poole!

How exciting - nearly September! Ive just seen youre based in Essex too - can I ask which dealer you used as thinking I may have to make a trip to Poole!
We originally spoke with a dealer in Essex/London but in the end went with the dealer in Norwich, Robinsons (sales guy Martin Skipp), as a couple of people of the forum said good to deal with. Like a few people of here, this was/is our first California and ordered just before lockdown so not been ideal dealing with VW/Robinsons, but in the end we pick up our new T6.1 4th September. Just working our way back down from the Scottish Highlands (had intended/planned to have our T6.1 towing our Eriba, but as we said we have a new mini holiday when we arrived home. Long weekend in the T6.1. From where we live to Norwich not too long a journey either around 1.5hrs door to door.

We originally spoke with a dealer in Essex/London but in the end went with the dealer in Norwich, Robinsons (sales guy Martin Skipp), as a couple of people of the forum said good to deal with. Like a few people of here, this was/is our first California and ordered just before lockdown so not been ideal dealing with VW/Robinsons, but in the end we pick up our new T6.1 4th September. Just working our way back down from the Scottish Highlands (had intended/planned to have our T6.1 towing our Eriba, but as we said we have a new mini holiday when we arrived home. Long weekend in the T6.1. From where we live to Norwich not too long a journey either around 1.5hrs door to door.
Well worth the long wait Im sure!
Thank you for the dealer info I will give them a look - cant wait to see your new Cali !

I ordered this Scoots, the van will be our only vehicle and I was working on the rationale I will be approaching the van armed with the big shop in my arms. It is raining, press the button and lob the shopping in. :)
We frond the door power door great for the dogs, as soon as they hear it opening from any distance they just run up and get in, but only in dry weather otherwise they have to wait to be wiped down

Well worth the long wait Im sure!
Thank you for the dealer info I will give them a look - cant wait to see your new Cali !
As soon as we pick it up will see if I can post a photo. My wife hasn't seen the two tone colour in White/Bay Leaf Green, hope she likes it when we collect!

From the discount website mentioned on this forum we had 8%, best we were offered was 6% from Robinsons. The dealer in Essex/London said no discount which was why we looked elsewhere. When we went they had a Coast and Ocean to view, that was a few months ago though.

As soon as we pick it up will see if I can post a photo. My wife hasn't seen the two tone colour in White/Bay Leaf Green, hope she likes it when we collect!

From the discount website mentioned on this forum we had 8%, best we were offered was 6% from Robinsons. The dealer in Essex/London said no discount which was why we looked elsewhere. When we went they had a Coast and Ocean to view, that was a few months ago though.
Ive decided on most things other than the colour! Think thats the hardest part - was disappointed they arent doing the two tone beige & white but am leaning towards the ascot grey & white on the configurator although would have to see one in real life first - I like to be understated so although I do like the green & white think I would stand out too much! Im hiring one next week for the weekend so that will be a good test of what I want but at the moment am leaning towards the Coast as its got everything we need & more cost effective for us.

Ive decided on most things other than the colour! Think thats the hardest part - was disappointed they arent doing the two tone beige & white but am leaning towards the ascot grey & white on the configurator although would have to see one in real life first - I like to be understated so although I do like the green & white think I would stand out too much! Im hiring one next week for the weekend so that will be a good test of what I want but at the moment am leaning towards the Coast as its got everything we need & more cost effective for us.
Colour we found very hard, not easy when you can't see the actual colour. Attached 2x photos I found on the internet when we were looking at two-tone colours a while back. Configurator colours always look a little different. Hope these help. Not sure I would go with the white and Ascot grey, too subtle for a two tone. Colour is very personal) we saw a white and the copper colour at a Skye campsite and that look better in natural light than when we saw it at the NEC.

2020-volkswagen-t6-1-california-1.jpg

2020-volkswagen-t6-1-california.jpg

Colour we found very hard, not easy when you can't see the actual colour. Attached 2x photos I found on the internet when we were looking at two-tone colours a while back. Configurator colours always look a little different. Hope these help. Not sure I would go with the white and Ascot grey, too subtle for a two tone. Colour is very personal) we saw a white and the copper colour at a Skye campsite and that look better in natural light than when we saw it at the NEC.

I meant to say .... I really like this colour combo .. just enough of a variation for me. I have never seen one like this before .. it looks good.

Thanks Gelato not seen those pics before - it is very subtle but I quite like that combined with the 18" alloys but Id definitely have to see it in real life first before committing the £60k ! I think there will be a fair few of the white/green combo sold - its very nice.

Welcome Mad Tracey,

Haha, if you had Transporters you know what you’re at,
Q5 to Cali IMO you’ll notice the squeaks and rattles but that’s Van life anyway and you either get used to them or not as I’m sure you know.

Once again Welcome and Enjoy

Hi,
We have just ordered our first VW Ocean and not even had a test drive...... Are we mad???

We have had VW Transporter vans so know how they drive, and when I was a child (a long while ago:eek:)my parents had a VW Camper and I have brilliant memories of holidays and days out in it. It has been my dream for a long time to have one again and we have just bitten the bullet and ordered one. We will be getting rid of our Audi Q5 and it will be my daily vehicle.
Would love to hear your comments:oops:

Not mad at all. I don’t really understand the requirement to test drive a Cali. It is what it is and drives well enough. Your memories created by the van won’t be down to the way it does or doesn’t drive.

Definitely not mad. Exquisite common sense and even mildly inspired.

I wondered what the hell I was doing 8 years ago and the transition from feeling rather alarmed at my impulsive madness to self-congratulatory over my inspired act of sheer genius took about as long as the drive home from the dealers.

Welcome!

Not mad at all. I don’t really understand the requirement to test drive a Cali. It is what it is and drives well enough. Your memories created by the van won’t be down to the way it does or doesn’t drive.
Thanks for the reassurance, cant wait to get it :thumb

Definitely not mad. Exquisite common sense and even mildly inspired.

I wondered what the hell I was doing 8 years ago and the transition from feeling rather alarmed at my impulsive madness to self-congratulatory over my inspired act of sheer genius took about as long as the drive home from the dealers.

Welcome!
We hope we have the same experience as we have a long drive home :thumb

P
Hi,
We have just ordered our first VW Ocean and not even had a test drive...... Are we mad???

We have had VW Transporter vans so know how they drive, and when I was a child (a long while ago:eek:)my parents had a VW Camper and I have brilliant memories of holidays and days out in it. It has been my dream for a long time to have one again and we have just bitten the bullet and ordered one. We will be getting rid of our Audi Q5 and it will be my daily vehicle.
YES.
But so are we all

Hi,

Absolutely freakin' mad!

And you will surely love your Cali and have great times and beautiful memories with it. And you'll remember how smart it is to be mad once in a while.

Back