Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Atera Linea Bike Rack

M

malc

VIP Member
I have recently bought this bike rack from Roofbox.co.uk They were very efficient
and very helpful. I paid approx £350 for a 3 bike. It is easy to fit and take off.
It is stainless steel and comes with locks/holders for wheels and frame. It is so well made.
In my opinion you would not need a lock. I have an expensive bike and consider this system
is the business.

I would recommend anyone looking for a bike rack to take a look and read the blurb. It
is quite fascinating how they discuss and comment on other products.
Malc

Hi Malc, I am also considering the Atera so good to see some actual feedback on it at last. Can you lift the tailgate with 3 bikes loaded on the rack ?

I would not like to try Mark. I think all the comments you may have read on other bike racks apply.
I have only put one bike on so far .... thats ok but I support the tailgate with a pole as the struts
will not hold up on their own.

ok good point malc. If you get a chance, it would be great to see a pic of the bike rack positioned on the tailgate so we can see how it looks compared to the VW version. Thanks.

Hi Mark, if you look at Roofbox.co.uk and look up VW T5 Caravelle {which fits the
California} bike carrier 2003 onwards you will get the whole works. Pics of all angles.
The sales blurb is worth reading ....

The model is AR4706 good luck Malc
ps the pics show a 4 bike carrier but they come with 3 and the 4th is an option I seem to
remember.

Can you tell me how you have got on with the Atera Linea rack? Is it superior to the VW rack? Looks brilliant - just wondered how you have got on with it having had it for a while!
Thanks a lot
Simon

Hi, it is the best bit of kit we have purchased for the cali so far. Well built and you can open the tailgate with the rack on the tow bar.

Thread revival...

After a weekend racing and camping I think we need a rack but I'd rather take it off when not in use; are they easy to remove and re-fit?!

Digging out an old thread here - i quite like the look of the new Atera Linea bike rack - seems good value and well made. Has anyone used one with on a T6 rear door ?. Thanks

Digging out an old thread here - i quite like the look of the new Atera Linea bike rack - seems good value and well made. Has anyone used one with on a T6 rear door ?. Thanks
I have the T5 version and having had a look at aT6 caravelle tailgate think the answer is it won't fit as is. However the only issue are the hooks/plates that fit round the top edge of the tailgate. These are shaped to fit a T5 tailgate profile. The stainless steel upright tubes fit onto the hooks with an articulated joint so 'all' Atera need to do is make a T6 version of the upper hooks/plates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk