Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Autoebid

It would appear that things with Dealers have not change in some considerable time , my experience was very similar to KP, I contacted approximately 8 dealers, initially via email, then a follow up call.

I was absolutely amazed to find that most dealers would not even acknowledge an email or respond to a follow up telephone call.

Those that did, in the main, gave me the impression they simply were not interested And most certainly not if I wanted to talk discount !

I went down the AutoEbid route, i got a very competitive quote, I found autoebid to be absolutely excellent, from initial contact there was no pressure from them.

There was one exception to the VW dealers, Guy at Preston was Great at communicating and responding in a timely manner.

In the end I bought an in stock vehicle, via a local dealer, but I would not hesitate to use Autoebid in future.
If it were a dealer direct, my first port of call, armed with an autoEnid quote, would be Guy at Preston. Autoebid were very professional , even in the face of the loss of a sale ! ( which speaks volumes)

it beggars belief that the VW dealer network in general just do not provide a level of care or commitment from initial contact commensurate with a very costly prospective Cali sale / purchase ! The contempt shown by VW dealer network, still stay with me many years after purchasing!

I don’t envy you having to trawl through the poor VW sales that many dealers offer , but I would not hesitate to go the autoebid route, based on my experience.

if I was to repeat the process Autoebid would be my first port of call

Last edited:
It would appear that things with Dealers have not change in some considerable time , my experience was very similar to KP, I contacted approximately 8 dealers, initially via email, then a follow up call.

I was absolutely amazed to find that most dealers would not even acknowledge an email or respond to a follow up telephone call.

Those that did, in the main, gave me the impression they simply were not interested And most certainly not if I wanted to talk discount !

I went down the AutoEbid route, i got a very competitive quote, I found autoebid to be absolutely excellent, from initial contact there was no pressure from them.

There was one exception to the VW dealers, Guy at Preston was Great at communicating and responding in a timely manner.

In the end I bought an in stock vehicle via a local dealer, but I would not hesitate to use Autoebid in future. If it were a dealer direct my first port of call, armed with an autoEnid quote, would be Guy at Preston. Autoebid were very professiona, even in the face of the loss of a sale ! ( which speaks volumes)

it beggars believe that the VW dealer network in general just do not provide a level of care or commitment from initial contact commensurate with a very costly prospective Cali sale / purchase ! The contempt shown by VW dealer network, still stay with me many years after purchasing!

I don’t envy you having to trawl through the poor VW sales that many dealers offer , but I would not hesitate to go the autoebid route, based on my experience.

if I was to repeat the process Autoebid would be my first port of cal.
Thanks for the recommendation and for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Whilst I’m still in the process via autoebid (ordered 17/9/2020) I echo everything said above regarding them (I should say Karen as I’m convinced there is only one person as I’ve only ever heard and spoken to her).

I’ve had 2 follow up emails since ordered just checking everything is ok. That’s 2 more than from the dealer.

Wouldn’t, so far, hesitate to use them again.

I also tried a dealer (Guildford). They were helpful and gave it 3 attempts to match autoebid. I gave them the exact numbers. They wereby able to come within a couple of thousand pounds and said they had no way of matching.

I figured maybe we’re picking up loss leaders where dealers need to make their quota so are prepared to take an otherwise unreasonable hit. But given how many Crawley seem to pump out it can’t be that.

Snap with Guildford

Whilst I’m still in the process via autoebid (ordered 17/9/2020) I echo everything said above regarding them (I should say Karen as I’m convinced there is only one person as I’ve only ever heard and spoken to her).

I’ve had 2 follow up emails since ordered just checking everything is ok. That’s 2 more than from the dealer.

Wouldn’t, so far, hesitate to use them again.

I also tried a dealer (Guildford). They were helpful and gave it 3 attempts to match autoebid. I gave them the exact numbers. They wereby able to come within a couple of thousand pounds and said they had no way of matching.

I figured maybe we’re picking up loss leaders where dealers need to make their quota so are prepared to take an otherwise unreasonable hit. But given how many Crawley seem to pump out it can’t be that.
Couple of thousand not to be sniffed at eh?

Bought through drive the deal. We are on the south coast and dealer was Eurovans Crawley. They delivered to us free of charge.

Just wanted to publicly thank @Tomdbreeze . He invested time in producing quotes for me, despite knowing that we were a few hundred miles away and as you see above, he responded with a keener quote, unprompted, after reading this thread. I emailed him yesterday to regretfully advise him that I had mange to wrestle the deal I was looking for from my nearest dealer and therefore there appeared to be no advantage in travelling the considerably extra distance. To his credit, he replied with one of his video messages again this morning, wishing me well with the order and still offering to assist with any questions I might have. Prompt, professional and courteous, despite me, ultimately ordering elsewhere. Credit where its due. Thank you

Just wanted to publicly thank @Tomdbreeze . He invested time in producing quotes for me, despite knowing that we were a few hundred miles away and as you see above, he responded with a keener quote, unprompted, after reading this thread. I emailed him yesterday to regretfully advise him that I had mange to wrestle the deal I was looking for from my nearest dealer and therefore there appeared to be no advantage in travelling the considerably extra distance. To his credit, he replied with one of his video messages again this morning, wishing me well with the order and still offering to assist with any questions I might have. Prompt, professional and courteous, despite me, ultimately ordering elsewhere. Credit where its due. Thank you
Hi Stuart
No problem at all and thanks for giving me the opportunity of supplying you with a quote. Glad you’ve ordered and hope you have many years enjoying the vehicle when you get it. If you are ever in the Poole Area please pop in and say hello.
All the best
Tom

If you go through DtD and the £1000 VW finance contribution is still on offer, I recommend taking it even if you don’t need finance. It’s what I did and after a few days of ownership of my Cali I settled the finance in full. No interest paid and no penalty. You have 14 days to exercise this option. You don’t even need to finance very much of the overall purchase price to qualify for the offer.

Had an odd one the other day. Still trying to get my head around it. Might change the company pool car for an ID3. Was offered one for about 10k off. Turned out to be a this afternoon only sort deal.

I said that's fine but we're in lockdown, I and the fellow directors need to drive it and I'll come back. Now the odd bit is I had a few telephone calls / quotes etc on the day. The following day I have a message via CARWOW from the chap saying further incentives being offered. I now have his email so respond directly back to receive..... out of office message saying I'm furloughed until the 3rd Dec..... Hmmmm.

Just ordered a new Ocean from Drive the deal, who were slightly cheaper an Autoebid. Very easy, on line quote, confirmed by phone the next day, then had contact the following day from Eurovans in Crawley confirming my order and spec and they took the £1000 deposit. I have gone for the finance offer as it makes the price £750 cheaper. (the web price assumes you take the finance). Having read peoples experiences with dealers I didn’t bother touting around the offer, plus Eurovans is the dealer we got out current van from. So far I can thoroughly recommend the process.

Our Autoebid order is with Listers in Droitwich! Seemingly a random choice on their part?
Hi sewb, I’m just about to place an order via autoebid and I am going to be dealing with Listers in Droitwich. Could you tell me, did you have any problems when dealing with them and was the van as you wanted.
im just trying to make sure it’s all ok before spending such a huge amount of money. Thanks in advance.
Derek

Hi sewb, I’m just about to place an order via autoebid and I am going to be dealing with Listers in Droitwich. Could you tell me, did you have any problems when dealing with them and was the van as you wanted.
im just trying to make sure it’s all ok before spending such a huge amount of money. Thanks in advance.
Derek
Hi Derek,
I am happy to say that Listers were great when we were dealing with them. We dealt with Chloe mainly and she always answered emails and kept us in the loop regarding delivery. We actually had the van delivered to the door which was included in the purchase price (we hadn't read the small print so it was a surprise!) but this worked really well for us and saved us a long round trip. The van was exactly as we had wanted and the driver was extremely careful to leave the van in an immaculate condition. The only downside of buying through Autoebid is the fact that you don't get an official handover or van tour - you just need to watch lots of YouTube videos and read the relevant threads on here. We had never even seen a Cali in the flesh when we took delivery in January and have loved every minute of owning it. Good luck - you won't be disappointed!

Hi Derek,
I am happy to say that Listers were great when we were dealing with them. We dealt with Chloe mainly and she always answered emails and kept us in the loop regarding delivery. We actually had the van delivered to the door which was included in the purchase price (we hadn't read the small print so it was a surprise!) but this worked really well for us and saved us a long round trip. The van was exactly as we had wanted and the driver was extremely careful to leave the van in an immaculate condition. The only downside of buying through Autoebid is the fact that you don't get an official handover or van tour - you just need to watch lots of YouTube videos and read the relevant threads on here. We had never even seen a Cali in the flesh when we took delivery in January and have loved every minute of owning it. Good luck - you won't be disappointed!
This is good to hear. I've just ordered a Coast through Autoebid and same dealer. My local dealer didn't even want to take an order so I didn't waste my breath starting any negotiation on price. I won't beg someone to take my money. I know there's a long wait ahead and it could all go wrong but will see how it goes. The price offered for a new van is too tempting compared to used prices being advertised at the moment.

Hi Derek,
Thank you

Back