Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Autoebid

Stu@rt

Stu@rt

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi,
am I reading the older posts on this correctly?
Despite geographical location, placing an order with Autoebid will result in the order being placed with Liverpool, or Crewe.

Thanks in advance.

Or Preston ...
Thank you. So Liverpool is the furthest south by the sounds. Need to lean on dealers a bit closer I think. But will obviously travel to get the right discount.

I assume Drive the Deal use the same group of preferred dealerships?

Our Autoebid order is with Listers in Droitwich! Seemingly a random choice on their part?

Thanks - I need to work on my UK geography !

Thank you. So Liverpool is the furthest south by the sounds. Need to lean on dealers a bit closer I think. But will obviously travel to get the right discount.

I assume Drive the Deal use the same group of preferred dealerships?
Drive the Deal seem to use dealers down South, Croydon I think is the favourite. Tell them where you live they may have an option.

Useful to know what price DtD et al can supply for to inform negotiations but you can beat their prices by a fair margin, and perhaps start developing a relationship with a more local dealer. I don’t recommend dropping the price on their desk and saying can you beat that though; it may (or may not) get you so far but it won’t necessarily reach the best overall deal.

My current approach doesn't seem to be working tbh. I've had email conversations with a few dealers. Both knew that I was contemplating pulling the trigger with AeB but both are still north of the brokers price and sadly my nearest one is the most costly. As you say, throwing the price on the desk and walking away isn't the right approach. But my softly, softly isn't working either and they both know that 2nd Dec is looming fast.

It’s a subtly different dynamic I guess with showrooms shut during ‘lockdown’; emails are really anonymous and brings everything to the same electronic level. Can’t beat rocking up and talking F2F, but not an option before 2 Dec.

Appreciate your thoughts though. Thanks for taking the time to reply

My current approach doesn't seem to be working tbh. I've had email conversations with a few dealers. Both knew that I was contemplating pulling the trigger with AeB but both are still north of the brokers price and sadly my nearest one is the most costly. As you say, throwing the price on the desk and walking away isn't the right approach. But my softly, softly isn't working either and they both know that 2nd Dec is looming fast.

Hence I bought mine from North Wales. Asked the question, told me 4%, take it or leave it. Rang up VW North Wales (contact from another Forum member). Did the deal over the phone as the wife put the leads on the dogs. Rang the dealer back the next day and told him I bought one from another dealer. Sounded dissappointed.

Our Autoebid order is with Listers in Droitwich! Seemingly a random choice on their part?

Same here. Ordered via AutoEBid before I discovered Crawley down the road from us is a negotiable dealer!

Autoebid price was my starting point for negotiation and I went in to my local dealer and walked out an hour later with a closely matching deal on a slightly tweaked spec (after an informed discussion). DTD seems to get similar discounts at around 10% so thats what is achievable. I realise you cant walk in right now but maybe a phone call rather than email? It might show commitment and a conversation might get them to the best deal they can offer whereas they might be reluctant to do that in response to an email enquiry. Good luck!

I asked Autoebid this question this week. They try to prioritise local dealers. We worked out one option was Crawley , West Sussex and the other was Gloucestershire. So I think it varies significantly

I got a quote from Autoebid and then went to SMG Tonbridge and asked if they could beat it and they did.

I did the same - spoke to Matt at SMG Tonbridge who asked me to send over the Autoebid quote for him to look at......I left it with him and he never even bothered to come back to me - I assume he couldn't beat it, but how hard can it be to come back and tell me what his best quote is? Terrible customer service.

If he would have got close id have still gone with him and ordered...but I'm not chasing a dealer to give them £52k of my money.

We've had a number of issues with the dealer our order is with, to the extent we're contemplating cancelling. I'd definitely go autoebid or dtd - service seems to be pretty rubbish every where, so might as well save yourself some money.

We actually bought this with AutoEbid. Very easy once you get over the fact that we paid the amount outright, before the car arrived, and it was driven down to us (we could have collected). But hey it saved us about £4800 off RRP when my local dealer was only offering about £1100

IMG_20190907_120224.jpg

Looks fun, but what actually is it?

Fun..... probably in looks only. Certainly at 118hp its not that sort of fun.

Its a very sensible Toyota CH-R hybrid car. Wife uses it to go back and forth to work. Its nice to drive, very comfortable (seats are amazing - went with the leather option) and hopefully holds its value very well. Plus its returning about 66mpg for the last 6000miles. (Less to do with cost of fuel but more to do with choice. Anyway the V8 Discovery sort of compensates)

Drive the Deal seem to use dealers down South, Croydon I think is the favourite. Tell them where you live they may have an option.
Yes I have an Ocean ordered through Drive the Deal. You need to know exactly what options you want, and pay (the dealer not DTD) £1000 deposit.
DTD were very slightly cheaper than AeB. No dealers I spoke to came close to either.
Once ordered DTD told me the dealer...Eurovans in Crawley.
They haven’t been the most communicative but did help me to get the 12% discount on additional options I added late, by going back to DTD.
I regret not spec’ing a towbar (to carry cycles but still access the boot) and the Dynamic Chassis Control option as lots seem to think the ride is rubbish but the few reviews I’ve seen of DCC are positive.
Good luck

Yes I have an Ocean ordered through Drive the Deal. You need to know exactly what options you want, and pay (the dealer not DTD) £1000 deposit.
DTD were very slightly cheaper than AeB. No dealers I spoke to came close to either.
Once ordered DTD told me the dealer...Eurovans in Crawley.
They haven’t been the most communicative but did help me to get the 12% discount on additional options I added late, by going back to DTD.
I regret not spec’ing a towbar (to carry cycles but still access the boot) and the Dynamic Chassis Control option as lots seem to think the ride is rubbish but the few reviews I’ve seen of DCC are positive.
Good luck
Sorry my mistake, Crawley Croydon no different to a Northerner :D

Back