Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary heater remote

P

p_j_jepson

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have just purchased a used T5 California (2014) and when they were handing over all the keys, I noticed they had no auxiliary heater remotes, when I asked the sales rep they replied that as I had the inbuilt wireless internet access option I did not have the ability to have the remotes.
Is this true?

The loan van I had whilst the roof was being done had both wireless internet and a heater remote...

Didn't use the heater remote so can't confirm it actually worked but... it did have one.

Rgds
Mark

My California did not come with a heater remote. I wen through a very long (read painful) process with VW to confirm that it indeed had been specified with that option "deleted" and there was no way to retrofit.

It could be possible that yours is the same.

Mark

I have the WiFi option and auxiliary heater remotes. Both work fine.

Thank you all very much.
Is their a way to work out if they have just not supplied the remotes or if it has not been installed?

I have just purchased a used T5 California (2014) and when they were handing over all the keys, I noticed they had no auxiliary heater remotes, when I asked the sales rep they replied that as I had the inbuilt wireless internet access option I did not have the ability to have the remotes.
Is this true?
Well we have both and they both work.

You could try searching this list, http://vag-codes.info/vag-option-codes (download the .xlsx version and search for "aux" or "remote"). Compare any likely codes to the one on the sticker under the drivers seat.

I actually didn't think of doing this at the time, so I may take a look and see if there is anything that indicates the remote was deleted.

Cheers
Mark

I can't say for sure but the 2014 Cali brochure shows the SE parking heater comes as standard with the remote control. I'd be really surprised if the remote wasn't standard.

I use my Cali as an everyday car and the remote is great on cold winter mornings. Just press the remote (from within the house) ten minutes before setting off and the Cali is nicely warm and defrosted.

I used my remote this week as it was a bit chilly in the morning. So glad I specced it.

Is this true?
First time I've heard that. Did you get it from that place in Llandudno?

(BTW there are two heaters, there is Webasto one which heats up the coolant when the temperature is less than 5 deg C (no remote); and an Eberspacher one which heats up the interior (controlled by the control unit over the rear view mirror and a remote). There will be stickers in the drivers door opening for both, if they are fitted.)

Just checked mine out this morning in preparation for the coming months. It has a fantastic range.

I have had a good look through all the option codes and there is no option that suggests the remotes should not be supplied.
I am think a conversation with the dealer will be needed tomorrow.
I thought he was talking rubbish.

Just checked mine out this morning in preparation for the coming months. It has a fantastic range.
Yeah, I've used mine up to half a mile away. The best thing is that the van responds back to the fob with the green flashing light so you know the command has been received. I've no idea why this wouldn't be included, it's one of the great features of the Cali. :)

I'm wondering whether the previous owner has lost the remote and the dealer is now trying to fob (pun intended) the OP off with this cock & bull story about the wifi!

You could use this tactic to explain away any complaint:-
"My Cali won't go into reverse"
"Sir, you have opted for the flashlight, you can't have reverse gear with that"

Back